What’s more delightful than having tea in the morning as soon as you wake up? You will undoubtedly relate to this if you are a tea aficionado. Drinking a cup of tea early in the morning simply alleviates your mood and uplifts you by preparing you for the day.
There are many numbers of health benefits of tea. The tea benefits differ with the type of tea that you are drinking.
Is tea good for health? Here are few different types of tea and the specific tea benefits. Each tea type has a peculiar health and beauty benefits correlated with it.
Read further to know more.
Below Are The Five Different Types Of Tea Which Are Very Famous
1. Green Tea
Green Tea is considered as the least processed, which is why it maintains its green colour. After picking, the fresh leaves are heated to inactivate enzymes and prevent oxidation. It, thus, retains most of its inherent antioxidants.
Tannin Content: Green Tea contains 15 – 60 mg tannin per 8 cups.
Here are some of its health and beauty advantages of green tea:
Green Tea contains a number of powerful antioxidant properties that are also known as polyphenols. Because of these properties, green tea gives benefits which are as below,
- Prevents heart disease
- Stabilizes cholesterol
- Lowers blood pressure
- Prevents cancer
- Stabilizes blood sugar
- Supports weight management
- Improves skin complexion
- Fights ageing signs
- Treats acne and pimples
2. Black Tea
Black Tea leaves are oxidized completely during the production process of tea. And this oxidation stage provides the aroma, flavour, and colour to it. There are lot of uses of black tea.
Tannin Content: In black tea, tannin content can vary from 50mg/cup to 500 mg.
Here are some benefits of drinking black tea.
By the presence of antioxidant and antibacterial astringents, Black Tea benefits are below.
- Protects the heart
- Lowers LDL-C
- Protects the lungs
- Inhibits dental decay and makes your teeth strong
- Supports gastrointestinal health and allows food to digest easily.
- It can help in decreasing any type of redness and puffiness on the skin permanently and also protect it from sun damage.
- Can control breakouts of pimples and even clears overall acne. There are no side effects of tea.
3. Chamomile Tea
This is one of the standouts amongst all the herbal teas. It is prepared from the dried blooms of Matricaria. Here’s how well our body reacts. Presence of flavonoids, a gathering of antioxidant phytonutrients gives you below advantages.
Tannin Content: A cup of chamomile tea or peppermint tea contains far fewer tannins that are less than 1 per cent.
- Supports your overall health
- Helps in decreasing sore throats,
- Avoids acne, eczema,
- Helps in boosting immunity.
- Promotes sleep
- Helps in diabetic complications
- Brightens skin complexion
- Useful for dark circles
- Reduces the puffiness of eyes and erases the total tired look.
- The tannins content present in this tea help reduces the eye inflammation completely.
4. Oolong Tea
This natural tea is the most complex of all the classes of tea. It is partially oxidized with qualities of both green and black tea. It too can do us a lot of good things: Due to the presence of anti allergic, anti ageing, polyphenol properties it gives below advantages.
Tannin Content: Oolong tea has an average tannin content of 8.66%/cup.
- Fights obesity
- Enhances digestion
- Prevents cancer and heart disease
- Treats eczema
- Acts as anti-ageing and also reduces wrinkles on your skin.
- Reduces dark pigmentation on the skin.
5. White Tea
Young leaves or growth buds undergo minimum oxidation in the production of white tea. Dry heat or steam are used to stop the oxidation process.
Tannin Content: White tea Tannin content is less than of oolong tea i.e. less than 8.66%.
White tea offers us the following benefits:
- Supplies antioxidants to the body
- Promotes weight loss
- Prevents cancer in the first stage
- White tea has a large number of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti ageing properties.
- Helps in lightening the disfigurement like wrinkling and also dark spotty pigmentation on the skin.
- The extract of white tea may keep you in limit and prevent the damage in the cells due to their exposure to sunlight.
- The white tea leaves can help even in the increment complexion because of their cleansing effects.
- They also help maintain moisture in the skin layers for a long time keeping the skin less dry and hydrated.
- Also, topical application of white tea is beneficial to protect the skin from ultraviolet (UV) damage due to their antioxidant properties. By comparing to benefits white tea side effects are very less.
Tea Leaves vs Tea Bags. Which Is Best To Use?
Now from the above information, you can know which tea is best to choose and their benefits; I think you are doubtlessly wondering what is the best way to make tea, Tea bags or tea leaves? The ongoing debate whether tea bags are as good as tea leaves is an old one.
In favour of tea leaves: Tea phytochemicals such as catechins devalue over time. They are also present in large concentrations in whole leaves rather than in pieces and dust. Hence, tea bags may lack some of the advantages. Moreover, tea bags may absorb some of the catechins, making the tea less nutritious. They may also restrict necessary leaf-water interactions.
In favour of tea bags: Tea bags are not without merits. The dust and fannings in the tea bag are more likely to interact with the plain water.
Which Tea is the Best?
The best tasting drink is a subjective opinion so that it will vary from person to person.
However, according to me, my personal favourites are white tea and chamomile tea because of its taste and health benefits.
If you are looking for a lot of health benefits, then stick to the “true teas” – white, green and oolong.
These three teas have large amounts of research behind them, and regarding health and beauty benefits, they are the best proof of teas.
Why No To Black Tea Than Green Tea? And Importance Of Green Tea
As you all know tea is one of the famous drinks in the world when it comes to relaxing your body and gaining energy.
According to one famous study that is conducted in 1990’s almost 80% of the population choose Green Tea rather than Black Tea because of their properties present in it. Below You can see the difference between Green Tea And Black Tea and why people opt Green Tea a lot.
Though Green Tea and Black are obtained from the same plant, there is a variation while coming to the preparation process.
The 1st reason is, by comparing to Green Tea Black Tea contains more Tannin content as it may cause few diseases like heart problems, constipation, kidney failure, Diarrhea etc.
The 2nd reason to avoid Black Tea is, it causes harm for pregnant women and while you are a breastfeeding mother, it is very better to keep a bay from drinking Black Tea, since your infant is more irritable and causes to bowel movements because of few overdose chemical contents in it while comparing to Green Tea.
What are you waiting for? Ditch the soda and coffee, and try out one of this natural and healthy tea to improve your health and quench your thirst!
As long as you are entirely healthy, feel free to enjoy this above wonderful beverage. However, if you are suffering from some health issues and you aren’t quite sure about whether you may use it or not, don’t hesitate to consult your doctor immediately.