The process of detoxification has been practiced for centuries by cultures around the world, including the Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine systems. Detoxification is all about resting, nourishing and cleansing the body from inside. Detoxification literally refers to removing and eliminating the toxins from your body, then nourishing and purifying your body with healthy nutrients. It can help your body from diseases and renew the ability to maintain optimal health.
Essentially, detoxification means cleaning the blood, which is done by removing the impurities from the blood where toxins are processed for elimination. The body removes the toxins through the kidneys, lungs, intestines, skin and lymphatic system.
Detoxing should be done if facing any of the symptoms:
- Unexplained tiredness or weakness
- Unenergetic feeling
- Irritated skin
- Mental confusions etc.
Irrespective of these symptoms, it is suggested for everyone to detox at least once a year for a healthy living.
How To Detox Your Body:
Instead of following a strict detox plan that minimizes you from all the food except for fruits and vegetables every day, this plan is safer and sensible which will provide you proper nutrients if you follow it just for a week.
Diet For Detoxification:
Foods To Be Including In Your Plan:
- Fruits- your plan can include any fresh fruit like apples, bananas, oranges, pears, grapefruit, raisins, pineapple, mango, kiwi, peaches, melon, nectarines, raspberries etc.
- Vegetables- eat fresh vegetables like carrots, turnip, onions, swede, sprouts, cabbage, sweet corns, cauliflower, salad, cucumber, tomatoes, spring onions etc.
- Beans and lentils- this includes haricot, butter, black eye, pinto, red lentils, green lentils, brown lentils etc
- Oats- eat oats with fresh fruits or with porridge, or you can try with honey and fruits
- Brown rice and noodles
- Fish- you can eat any type of fresh fish like plaice, mackerel, salmon, lobster, crab, trout, haddock, tuna, prawns, red mullet, halibut, monkfish, lemon sole etc.
- Nuts- peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts, cashew, pecans, macadamia, pine nuts, walnuts, pistachio etc.
- Seeds- sunflowers and pumpkins
- Olive oil
- Herbs, garlic, ginger
- Black pepper
- Water- you should drink at least 2 liters per day of normal water
Foods To Be Excluding From Your Plan:
- Chicken, red meat, burgers, or any other meat products
- Milk, eggs, cheese, cream
- Margarine and butter
- Bread, croissants, cereals, cakes, biscuits, pastries, battered food, pies etc
- Savory and crisp snacks
- Sweets, jam, chocolate and sugar
- Ready meals, ready-made sauces or food from takeaways
- Alcohol and smoking
- Pickles, sauces, mayonnaise, ready made salads
- Fizzy and aerated drinks
- Banana Porridge Which is made with water and natural yogurt, raisins, banana and honey.
- Fruit salad and yogurt oats Fresh fruits salad and natural yogurt topped on the oats.
- Fruit shake Made with fresh fruits and topped with honey for sweetness.
- Homemade Muesli Homemade muesli from oats, nuts, seeds and fruits which are served with natural yogurt.
The Lunch Diet For Detoxification:
- Tuna and Sweetcorn with salad Tuna mixed with sweet corn and natural yogurt with salad.
- Vegetable Soup Soups of fresh vegetables.
- Mediterranean Salad Rice cakes served with avocado, tomatoes, rocket, black pepper, and fresh basil.
- Avocado and prawn salad Fresh avocado with salad, prawns, and lemon juice.
- Guacamole Homemade guacamole with avocado, fresh chili, garlic sauce and tomatoes with lemon juice.
The Dinner Diet For Detoxification:
- Fried Chinese vegetable noodles Include ingredients like spring onions, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, and bean sprouts fried in a little olive oil with garlic.
- Tuna and Prawns Noodles Gently fry some of the vegetables like mushrooms, onions, courgette, pepper, and leek in little olive oil, add a handful of prawns. After cooking for few minutes, add tomatoes, black pepper, and tuna.
- Casserole of potato and bean Gently fry some vegetables like onions, carrots in little olive oil and add garlic if needed for the taste, add potato and fry for few minutes. Then add fresh vegetables, some black pepper, and beans.
Snacks During Detoxification
- Fresh fruit salad
- Honey with natural yogurt
- Plain popcorn
- Unsalted nuts or seeds
So this was the perfect diet plan for the detoxification of your body, following a strict diet might be really difficult that’s why we have come up with such a diet plan which won’t kill your taste buds but will definitely kill the toxins from your body.