Chikungunya is a viral disease that is typically caused by the bite of a mosquito called Aedes. The name had originated from a verb in the Kimakonde language that basically means ‘to become contorted.’ This virus is said to exist only in tropical regions. But it has been reported recently that Chikungunya has infected many non-tropical regions as well of the Asia and Africa. So the symptoms of Chikungunya must be taken seriously.
Symptoms of Chikungunya:
- Redness in eyes: This typically means that a person is likely to suffer from conjunctivitis as well as face difficulty in looking towards the light.
- Severe joint and body pain: This sort of pain will be frequent and it keeps increasing as the days pass by. Sometimes, the joints also get swelled up in spite of severe pain.
- A headache: Severe and frequent headache is a common symptom of Chikungunya which may continue for days at a stretch.
- Bleeding: If a person is suffering from Chikungunya, then he/she is at a high risk of suffering from bleeding. Also, Haemorrhage may occur at times.
- The appearance of rashes on limbs and trunks: These symptoms of Chikungunya are also known to cause rashes on a person’s entire body which keep coming back so often.
Clinical symptoms of Chikungunya:
- Retro – orbital pain – Pain in the eye area
- Diarrhea- loose and watery motions
- Vomiting- severe vomiting and dehydration
- Meningeal syndrome- A condition marked by a headache, fever, and a stiff neck, that is caused when the meninges (three thin layers of tissue that cover and protect the brain and spinal cord) become irritated. The meningeal syndrome may be caused by blood, cancer cells, or substances from the breakdown of cancer cells that get into the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). It may also be caused by infection with a bacterium, virus, or fungus.
There are so many effective home remedies which can help you to fight this problem quickly and recover your health again. These are completely natural and easy remedies available to you at your home. Let us explore some of them now!
This remedy is known for many years for its effective benefits when it comes to fever. Papaya leaf is actually very good to increase the count of platelets which usually fall during the high fever. It contains the capacity to treat this issue and can give you a soon recovery. You can also take some fresh papaya leafs and just mash them to take out the juice. Drink 2 to 3 tsp of this juice twice daily to get rid of Chikungunya as soon as possible.
This is also very good to conquer the fever in less time and easily. Basil is also an amazing remedy for Chikungunya as it contains a lot of active antioxidants which boosts the immunity of your body as well as it can make you recover from the disease soon. You simply can chew some of the fresh basil leaves twice a day. Also, there is another method to consume this. Just boil some basil leaves in water and drink it.
This is again a very good remedy to fight the joint pain caused due to Chikungunya. You can just heat some coconut oil and massage the same on your joints in order to get rid of the pain and recover soon. You can also use the coconut oil on the rashes that are caused by your body due to Chikungunya. Apply the oil gently with a clean cotton swab to eliminate these rashes from your body.
It’s a well-known fact that cinnamon is amazingly rich in many nutrients which are essential for your body. It does contain anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. You can begin consuming cinnamon in your diet. Besides this, you can also consume ground cinnamon with warm water to acquire wellness soon. It is also very good for your body and helps a lot to get rid of chikungunya naturally.
Tea is also considered very good for your health. It contains many amazing active nutrients that help your body to recover soon from illness. A cup of tea twice daily gives your body and mind a perfect relaxation and calmness. If you are suffering from chikungunya you could try consuming tea twice a day. You can combine some ginger, salt and basil to this tea for more benefits.
Garlic is another very beneficial home remedy commonly for fighting chikungunya. It also contains some natural anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It can boost your immune system by providing soothe and calmness. Moreover, it is highly beneficial for the joints pains that are caused by chikungunya. You could simply chew some fresh garlic cloves daily. You can also use another method. Heat some mustard oil and put crushed garlic in it. Now apply this gently on your joints and massage well. It will give effective benefits soon.
There is no vaccination for this disease and scientist is striving hard to find a cure for this harmful disease. The best way to prevent this is by building a strong immune system where the virus can be killed at the initial stage itself. Boost your immune system by employing the above foods in your diet which can thwart this harmful virus from our body.