Fenugreek is one of the most common leaves, which are used to prepare so many yummy and healthy recipes. Fresh and dried both kinds of fenugreek leaves are full of several benefits. These leaves taste little bitter. It is popular in many countries around the world. Countries of Asian continent mainly used these leaves to prepare several dishes. There are so many Indian dishes which include fenugreek. Sometimes fenugreek recipes are also used as the staple dishes.
- With round, shaped small leaves fenugreek is used as a vegetable plant, and sometimes it is also used as a herb. There are several cuisines which include fenugreek to enhance the taste.
- Most parts of the fenugreek plant are usable. The seeds of this plant are used to make spices. Most surprisingly, some countries in the world try the seeds to make a delicious sauce. Even it is important from religion side. Also, it contains a cultural value.
- Apart from tasty and spicy dishes, it is used as a medicinal herb. If you have a muscle pain, or you are suffering from a swelling pain, then you can use the fenugreek paste.
- Sometimes fenugreek is added to create some medicine to prevent the bitter taste of the medicine. So it is true that these popular leaves are truly famous for its use.
There are several recipes that you can rate as the most delicious and yummy. As already described the benefits of fenugreek, then it is true that most of the recipes have nutritional value. In a word, they are healthy and at the same time, they are tasty.
Yummy And Tasty Recipes Of Fenugreek:
Green Bean Curry:
- Ingredients: Green bean curry is a popular and tasty dish. To prepare this dish you need coconut milk, garlic, onion, curry leaves.
- Preparation: Now first put oil in a saucepan and maintain the medium heat. Now put onion, garlic, curry leaves, and pepper in the oil and fry them properly until the onions become golden brown. Now take fenugreek seed, salt, and turmeric. Then stir all these items in the curry powder. And blend onion, garlic, curry leaves and pepper in it. Now cook this mixture for at least three minutes. Now take the green beans and add it to the mixture. Now cook it until the beans become tender. And at last, pour the coconut milk into it and leave it for five minutes on low heat. After five minutes, remove it from the heat and serve it with lime juice. Your beautiful, tasty fenugreek dish is ready.
Another popular fenugreek dish is Exotic cabbage. This dish is mainly popular in India, so it is also called Exotic Indian Cabbage.
- Ingredients: Main ingredients to prepare this dish are ginger, fenugreek, pepper, cumin, mustard, caraway, turmeric.
- Preparation: Now take oil and heat it in a pot to medium heat. Take some slices of ginger and pepper on it and try for one minute until they become tender. Now season it with fenugreek, turmeric, cumin, mustard, caraway, and fennel. Take some asafoetida also. Now cook all of them until a good smell comes out from the mixture. Now add cabbage and cardamom pods and stir them together. To enhance the taste, add salt and cook it properly. After cooking for some time pour water in it. And also add lime juice to it. Now cook everything for at least five minutes. Now take some beans and spread them on the cabbage and cook it for maximum two minutes. Now maintain the low heat for some time, so that water is properly soaked. Now serve it on a dish.
- Ingredients: 2 medium sized Potatoes, 1/4 cup Fenugreek(Methi) seeds, 3-4 Cloves of Garlic, 1 inch ginger peeled, 1 Tomato chopped, 3 Hot Green Peppers (like Serrano), 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric, Salt, 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder, 1 teaspoons Red Chili Powder, 4 tablespoons Oil, 1 1/2 tablespoon Plain Yogurt, 1 teaspoon Ghee, 1/2 teaspoon Red Chili Powder, 1 tablespoon chopped Cilantro for garnishing
- Preparation: Peel potatoes, cut into cubes and fry them until golden brown and keep the fried potatoes aside. Blend tomato, ginger, garlic and hot pepper to a puree. Pour the puree to the same oil in which the potatoes were fried. Fry puree until oil separates. Then add potato and fenugreek seeds. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Mix turmeric, salt, coriander powder, chilli powder and half a cup of water. Cook the potatoes until they are tender. Add plain yogurt. Simmer in low flame uncovered for 10 mins. Your mouth-watering dish is ready to eat.
There are several other popular recipes which are very delicious and tasty. But now you should know the nutritional value of those recipes. You can sort out the nutritional value from the leaves and the seeds of fenugreek.
Nutritional Values: The importance of the leaves lies in the fact that they are rich in many vitamins, like vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A. It contains folic acid, niacin, iron, zinc, calcium, selenium, potassium, and others. Vitamin K is another key vitamin available in fenugreek leaves.
- The seeds of fenugreek contain galactomannan. It plays a vital role to decrease heart problems. Even it is a natural fiber, which is very helpful for the patients suffering from diabetes.
- Also, fenugreek reduces cholesterol. It contains saponins that prevent the human body from storing cholesterol.
So from the above discussion, it is clear that people consume fenugreek recipes for gaining the above-mentioned benefits. Truly fenugreek can offer you several tasty recipes and at the same time so many nutritional benefits.