Neutralize Your Acidity Without Antacids
Ugh…getting that old familiar burn after eating! You might feel as though a volcano has erupted from your esophagus. The burn and pain of acidity
affect millions of people every day. We have all suffered from acidity at some point or the other. The excess stomach acid that causes uncomfortable symptoms such as pain, and even severe health problems, should have been a good riddance.
It occurs when there is an excess secretion of acids in the gastric glands of our stomach, ends up producing bad breath, gas, stomach ache and many other symptoms. Acidity can even be caused due to an empty stomach, a long gap between meals, or excessive intake of tea, coffee, alcohol or smoking. Well, instead of just popping up or if you are unable to find any antacids, there are some alternative methods that you can try to get rid of the problem.
Grab These Following Alternatives
- Did you ever know that buttermilk can relieve you from acidity? So, the next time if you are getting acidity after eating a spicy or heavy meal, and couldn’t find your antacid, just drink a glass of buttermilk instead.
- It contains lactic acid which normalizes acidity in your stomach. Just sprinkle a dash of black pepper or 1 tsp of ground coriander leaves for the best results.
- Over the years, cloves have grabbed a very prominent place in traditional Chinese medicine as well as Ayurveda to treat the digestive disorders. As cloves are carminative in nature, it prevents the formation of gas in your gastrointestinal tract.
- So, add cloves while cooking foods such as black gram or kidney beans that tend to cause flatulence. Also, you can even eat crushed cardamom and cloves mixed in equal amounts in order to treat acidity, and get rid of the bad breath!
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Very often, your acid reflux is the result of too little stomach acid. That is where apple cider vinegar steps into rescue.
- Simply mix 1 to 2 teaspoons of unfiltered, raw apple cider vinegar in a cup of water, then drink it just once or twice a day.
- Also, you can take a tbsp of apple cider vinegar, and chase it with a glass of water.
- Do you want to turn your body’s pH level alkaline? Then you must drink coconut water daily!
- It also helps produce mucous in your stomach, that protects the stomach from the harmful effects of excessive acid production. As it is rich in fiber, coconut water not only aids digestion and but also prevents the reoccurrence of acidity.
- Aloe vera juice helps to soothe burning skin as well as esophageal lining. It can reduce the inflammation of acid reflux in your stomach and it heals the existing damage from heartburn and acid reflux.
- Take a fresh aloe vera and blend juice from it. Then drink aloe vera juice before your each meal. You can find aloe vera juice in the market as well but check for the laxative properties while purchasing.
- In the alternate, you can take 2 ounces of aloe vera juice and mix them in a glass of water and drink every day in the early morning.
- This is almost everyone’s favorite! Eat some handful of raw almonds which helps to prevent acidity. Almonds are rich in alkaline and it helps to balance the pH levels in your body.
- Almonds can neutralize the acid which is causing the burning sensation in the esophagus. They are rich in calcium and you can add a handful of almonds into your everyday snack.
- Consume 2 to 3 almonds after every meal. You can also keep some almonds in your bag and have them when you’re suffering from acidity.
- Ever wondered why our elders finish a meal with a piece of jaggery? It is due to its high magnesium content that helps boost intestinal strength.
- They aid digestion and makes the digestive system more alkaline in nature, therefore reducing stomach acidity.
- Take a small piece of jaggery after a meal, and reap the benefits.
- Jaggery also helps maintain normal body temperature by cooling the stomach.
These natural remedies for acidity and heartburn
are immensely effective in treating the associated symptoms as well. If you are one of those who turns to antacids when the issue strikes, then stop that and try implementing some of these natural measures given above. Give your body some time to adjust, be persistent and patient and you will be surprised at how great you can feel!