Eczema is considered as one of the most problematic diseases nowadays. This disease happens basically due to the bacterial infections. Eczema can happen at any part of your body due to bacterial infections, and in severe cases, it can cause some annoying problems to the patients as well. The situation can get even worse if your hands get infected by eczema. Hands are really important part of our body as it helps to our daily tasks.
So if these hands do get infected by eczema, then the patient may face unwanted irritation on the hand, and at the same time, there will be a pain in hand as well. And if eczema in the hands does get severe then it can spread up to the fingernails. So, when eczema spreads towards the nail, then it can be really problematic. Nails are considered as one of such things that help to beautify a person.
So when such things do get infected by eczema, the beauty gets disturbed, and at the same time, it can cause severe damage to the nails. And when the nails are completely damaged, it is very hard to get back the beauty of the nail. If eczema gets too serious, then it can cause pain in your hands too. The bad part of this thing is that people of all age groups can get infected by this disease. And that is why proper precaution is important for all.
What Can Cause Nail Eczema?
Eczema is considered as one of the most chronic diseases for skin. In this disease, the bacteria do attack the upper layer of the skin, and it causes inflammatory changes in the skin.
When a patient gets infected by the nail eczema, then there is a change in the skin color is noticed. The skin becomes too much red, and at the same time, it becomes quite rough as well. When the disease starts to spread then, it can give you an itching and oozing sensation around the infected area.
There can be different reasons of nail eczema. And the most common reason is the water. If your hands remain exposed to the water and moisture conditions, then there is a high possibility that your skin may get infected by eczema. Generally, housewives are the more victims of this disease, especially if they spend a significant amount of time in cleaning dishes and at the same time washing clothes.
There can be another reason of eczema, and that is the detergent or the soap that you are using. If you are using a low-quality soap or a low-quality detergent powder, then there is a huge possibility that you may get infected by eczema.
Different Symptoms Of Nail Eczema:
There are different symptoms of nail eczema, and it will help you to identify the disease. The different symptoms of nail eczema are
- Your nail will become rough.
- You will lose the beauty of your nail.
- You may get an itching an oozing feeling in your nail.
- Your nail will become discolored.
- In severe cases, you may face pain around your nails.
So, these are the different symptoms of nail eczema.
Prevent Nail Eczema:
It is really important to take proper steps to prevent nail eczema. The different steps which are taken to prevent nail eczema are
- Stop exposing your hand in the water. If it is done then, it will decrease the chance of getting infected by eczema.
- Try to apply a good quality moisturizer cream at least once in a day.
- Stop exposing your nails in front of different chemicals and detergent powder.
- You can apply a good quality coconut oil in the infected area, and if you do it regularly, then it can bring a positive result.
- You have to reduce the stress level of your body.
- If you think that the condition is quite serious and you are feeling pain in the infected area, then it is always advised to visit a doctor especially a skin specialist.
- You can apply ice, and it will reduce the amount of pain.
So, if you follow these steps, then you can see the nail eczema is improved, and your nail will get back its previous shape.