Acne On Your Neck?
Everyone knows that acne is bad. But acne on the neck? That’s the worst possible thing anyone would imagine! It causes pain and irritation and it looks weird. It is the worst condition of the skin which shows up as different types of bumps. These bumps will also be blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, or cysts. Teens usually get acne because of the hormonal changes that come with puberty. You should also know that if your parents had the same issue as teens, it is more likely that you will, too.
What Are The Symptoms Of Acne?
The symptoms vary in severity. You will notice these below signs on your neck.
- Clogged pores i.e. blackheads, pimples, and whiteheads
- Papules (raised lesions)
- Pustules (raised lesions with pus)
- Cysts (nodules filled with pus or fluid)
The least severe type of acne lesion is the whitehead or blackhead. You can treat it using simple and easy home remedies. With the more extensive problem, you need to take more precautions to ease inflammation, bacterial infection, redness, as well as pus.
Common Causes Of Acne In Neck
- Acne on the neck is more similar to back acne as the skin on this area is relatively thick and produces more oil called sebum than other parts of your skin.
- There are most prominent causes of acne, like hormonal imbalance, excess oil, bacteria, etc., there are some other causes that worse acne on your neck, including:
- By wearing tight collared shirts, scarves, turtlenecks, etc., as they will cause serious irritation.
- Using different kinds of facial chemical cleansers, soaps, or moisturizers without making sure that they are non-comedogenic or oil-free.
- The transfer of oil from your hair to your neck as it blocks the skin pores.
To get rid of all these problems there are some home remedies to follow
Home Remedies for Acne
Baking soda is also called as sodium bicarbonate, it works as a gentle exfoliant for the skin problems. Thus, it can unplug the pores and also removes the dead skin.
It also helps to regulate the pH balance of the skin and has mild anti-inflammatory and also antiseptic properties. All these characteristics make it as an excellent home remedy for clearing acne.
Apply the paste of one or two teaspoons of baking soda and a little water. Rinse it off after five to eight minutes.
You can also mix two tablespoons baking soda, one teaspoon cinnamon powder, together; add the juice of half a lemon, and five tablespoons, honey. Apply it on your face and wash after five minutes.
You can use baking soda on your skin once or twice a week.
Oatmeal is more useful in reducing acne because it cleanses your skin pores and absorbs the excess oil. Plus, it exfoliates the skin.
- Mix one teaspoon of honey and the juice of half a lemon in a cup and add of cooked oatmeal.
- Gently, rub this mixture over your skin.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Do this for once or twice a week.
Fuller’s earth is also known as Multani Matti, it is also good for greasy and acne-prone skin as it absorbs the excess oil and unclogs the pores.
It helps to improve your complexion too. You can able to find it
- Mix equal proportions of Fuller’s earth, rose water, and the sandalwood powder. You can even add more rose water to get a better consistency of the paste.
- Apply this mud pack to your entire face.
- Wash after it dries up.
- Repeat this process once a week.
The toothpaste that you are using regularly to clean your teeth will also help to clear up this irritating issue. This is in fact and also one of the easiest home remedies you can try.
Apply a small amount of toothpaste on the affected area before going to bed. The toothpaste will reduce the swelling and will dry out the acne. Within a day or two, you can see significant improvement.
These home remedies are really effective. But you should not give up if it doesn’t disappear overnight. Remember that with each remedy, you will notice the improvement in your skin condition and you are making progress towards the smooth acne-free skin.