Good health is for a long life that requires a lot of discipline and dedication to maintain it lifelong. One can simply be healthy and happy if some basic principles are taken care of in life.
There are health maniacs and fitness freaks who cannot live without following the best health mantra that they know and even advocate it to others.
Whether a health freak or not, everyone should have a minimum awareness of personal healthcare and should follow it to the tee for maximum benefit. There are hundreds of health hacks one can pick up to maintain their health every day.
In today’s very busy environment, as one goes through more work and less time, one can still maintain a good physical and mental health with some very simple to do and effective top hacks for the same.
Before knowing the top health hacks, it is necessary for all to know about good health and how to maintain it in one’s lifetime with simple health hacks that can also include some food hacks.
What Is Good Health?
Everyone has their personal definition of what is good health depending on what they do or hear from others to keep good health. The meaning of health, though, keeps evolving over time.
The early definitions of health focused on the ability of one’s body to function in a normal state that could be disturbed from time to time by getting diseased.
Maintaining good health is actively and purposefully behaving in ways that will set one stronger, better nourished, less stressed, and hence more comfortable in their body and mind. Good health is not merely protecting oneself from falling sick. When one is healthy, they can enjoy many benefits.
Good health is about having the surplus energy and motivation to seek the things one most wants sans any distractions or stresses of illness. Good health is about being robust and sound in body and mind.
If one is in good health one will enable to enjoy all the good things in life. Good health is also about steering oneself free from addictions and compulsions.
The description given by the World Health Organization (WHO) sums it all as it states that health is “a position of total physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. To put it simply, Health is one’s ability to adapt and manage physical, mental and social challenges throughout life.
Generally, the health status and the nature of one’s life sets a better context of high importance as to how an individual lives. It is a worldly recognized fact that one’s well-being is maintained not only through the progression and application of health science, but as well with the efforts and intelligent lifestyle choices made collectively by an individual and the society.
Going by the words of the World Health Organization, the main determinants of health factor in the physical environment, the social and economic environment, and a person’s discrete characteristics and behaviors.
The environment is quite cited as an important factor impacting the health status of individuals. This comprises characteristics of the real environment, the built environment, and the social environment.
Factors such as pure water and air, enough housing, and safe neighborhoods and roads have all been found to commit to good health, especially regarding the health of infants and children.
Certain studies have shown that a lack of neighborhood recreational spaces like natural environment points to deeper levels of personal satisfaction and higher levels of obesity, connected to lower overall health and well being.
This implies that the positive health benefits of open space in urban neighborhoods shall be taken into consideration in public policy and land use.
One’s acquired traits from parents or genetics also has a part in resolving the health situation of individuals and populations. This can embrace both the predisposition to certain diseases and health conditions, as well as the habits and behaviors individuals acquire through the lifestyle of their families.
For instance, genetics may present a role in the demeanor in which people cope with stress, either mental, emotional or physical.
More particularly, key factors that ought to influence whether people are healthy or unhealthy include the following:
- Income and social status
- Social support networks
- Education and literacy
- Employment/working conditions
- Social environments
- Physical environments
- Personal health practices and coping skills
- Healthy child development
- Biology and genetics
- Health care services
What Are Simple Health Hacks?
With more research data focusing more on lifestyle issues and their relationships with functional health, it is suggested that people could enhance their all-inclusive health via exercise, enough sleep, maintaining a healthy body weight, limiting alcohol use, and avoiding smoking.
It can be seen that health and illness can co-exist, as surprisingly even people with multiple chronic diseases or fatal illnesses can consider themselves healthy.
The maintenance and promotion of health are achieved via a varying combination of physical, mental, and social well-being that is often referred to as the “health hacks for a healthy life”!
Here are the following top 10 simple health hacks that one can follow every day:
1. Eat Mindfully – Beware of the appetite by eating ˜mindfully ˜. This implies eating one’s meals without any diversions. Put simply, careful eating means sitting down at a table instead of in front of a screen and chewing the food slowly, rather than scarfing it down. This way one can be more in touch with how hungry they are and are less likely to overeat.
2. Do What The Dentist Says! – One must floss their teeth regularly as per their dentist instructions. Flossing is essential for gum health and will make the mouthfeel super fresh. A recent study has shown that flossing can even play its part in countering heart disease.
3. The 20/20/20 Rule For The Eyes – Take care of the eyes by observing the 20/20/20 rule. Staring at a backlit device like a smartphone or laptop all day is straining for one’s eyes. The 20/20/20 rule reduces this.
Every 20 minutes, get a 20-second break and let one’s eyes stroll over something six meters (20 ft) in the distance.
4. At Least 10 Mins A Day, Meditate! – Schedule in some time to meditate, though if it’s only 10 minutes. Taking just a wee bit of time to sit, chill, breathe in, and breathe out can make a huge difference in the flow of one’s day.
5. Bend It Like Beckham – One ought not to be a dedicated yogi in order to give their muscles a solid stretch. Simple breathing and posture exercises, even a few minutes a day can not only increase physical stamina but even boost up one’s mental health.
6. Walk More & Take Stairs – If one has to catch the train or bus to work, one must get off a stop ahead and walk. Besides being an obvious way to improve one’s daily step count, getting some fresh air before going into the office is a safe way to clear one’s head off.
Always take the stairs instead of taking an escalator or elevator is one of the most simple yet practical ways to get enough physical activity.
7. Drink Herbal Tea- Make a habit out of drinking herbal teas as there is a herbal tea for every reason. Green tea is a fabulous energy-boosting alternative to coffee, chamomile helps one go to sleep, and fennel and peppermint teas aid in digestion.
8. Sleep Early If Not Rise Early – Try to get to bed an hour quicker than usual. So many stress-related indications come down to the absence of sleep. If one can secure a little extra sleep, they can see a difference in the way they feel good both physically and mentally.
9. Cut Down On Sugar, Go For Juices – If you add a sweetener to your coffee or tea, try using less sugar or cut it out completely. This is a comfortable way to reduce one’s overall sugar intake.
Likewise, grab or make a green juice which is quite an easy option when one feels like they are not getting enough veggie intake while simultaneously having to consume more caffeine cum sugar.
10. Eat More Home Food – Eat at home more often, and plan the leftovers. Besides saving oneself from the unknown salt, fat, and sugar in ordered meals can help one save cash.
When one cannot eat at home, they can make extra so that they don’t have to worry about the meal the next day. Also, one must carry a big water bottle with them everywhere which will ensure hydration throughout the day in the best way.
Healthy Eating Food Hacks
It is a natural wish for anybody to eat well, though at times a gentle reminder is needed to accomplish that goal for many individuals. Here are some fine eating shortcuts from the experts that are easy to chew and good to the body.
Focus On Healthy Snacks:
When choosing a snack, there are several features to be mindful of apart from tongue satisfaction. It is better to have warm foods that can be more satisfying and nutrients to have like fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals. Not sure how to start? Consider popcorn as a snacking BFF.
Depending on one’s flavor craving, they can match popcorn with toasted coconut and dark chocolate chips, fresh basil chopped into ribbons and diced sun-dried tomatoes, freshly grated Parmesan cheese and crisp cracked black pepper or toasted pistachios and golden raisins.
On Sundays, one can fill their bag with yogurt, fresh fruit and veggies, low-fat string cheese, hard-boiled eggs and nut butter on whole grain crackers.
Factor Healthy Fats While Eating:
Yes, healthy fats. Saturated fats don’t do a body any favors, so count some beneficial fat alternatives. One can substitute a slice of cheese on their sandwich for a slice of avocado for few calories and less saturated fat with an increase of fiber, nutrients, and plant-based fats.
Use crushed avocado as a replacement for butter in grilled foods to boost the fiber and nutrient content of the food while ousting saturated fat with healthy plant-based fats.
Season Food Without Salt:
Attaching hydrated seaweed to soups, stews, salads, marinades, sauces and even at sandwiches in tiny quantities will add a salty flavor and yet one can avoid salt and its side effects on their overall health.
In summer berries will be at their peak. Cherries could be another option which is a favorite summer fruit which is sweet and has plenty of healthy antioxidants. Cherries are also a cause of melatonin that helps healthy sleep through the hectic summer months.
Similarly, a butter creamy lettuce is a better choice to enjoy in salads or to use it in place of bread or tortillas with their favorite lean proteins and vegetables for a light and healthy wraps.
Reach For Healthy Proteins & Awesome Pairings:
One can take a pork tenderloin, for instance. This is one of the highly versatile and healthful lean proteins to grill and cook during the summer. Certain nutrients are received much better when paired together.
For example, one should consume calcium in the propinquity of vitamin D in order to get the best absorption of this bone-strengthening mineral, which is why milk products were often fortified with vitamin D.
To help with personal summer weight loss goals, one may pair healthy carbohydrates with protein or healthy fat. Healthy carbs are ones that are heavy in fiber, minerals, and vitamins such as legumes, fruits and vegetables, and whole grains.
While these carbs are fine, they get absorbed very quickly in the stomach, making individuals be hungry again within 20 to 40 minutes. Protein and fat, though, take much longer to be broken down and digested, adding to a sensation of fullness.
Some plant sources of protein are deemed complete, like quinoa and tofu, yet there are remarkable plant sources of protein that are regarded ‘incomplete’ as they contain some, but not all of the amino acids that one’s bodies need.
Vegetarians must consider eating rice and beans or pair nuts and seeds with grains (like peanut butter on toast) or hummus coated with sunflower seeds.
Know How To Cook Veggies?
Always wash or rinse vegetables to dress them, but never soak them as this can cause some amount to lose partly its vitamin C content. And, while preparing vegetables, cut them into considerable chunks or keep them whole.
Mashing or dicing too small can induce the veggie to lose its water-soluble vitamins and minerals when prepared.
Boiling veggies causes the overall greatest loss of nutrients, as most leech into the water and are disposed of down the kitchen sink.
Sauteing veggies can help to increase the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins found in veggies, such as vitamins A, K, and E since you are cooking them in oil. However, it can also break down the vitamin C and B-complex vitamins.