Last updated on July 18th, 2018 at 01:27 pm
Have you ever seriously felt like the world around you was abruptly spinning, that you couldn’t manage to balance yourself or that you had unexplained ringing in your two ears along with changes in your eyesight?
If so, you might have experienced vertigo problem, that is a common sign and symptom which results from various types of “balance disorders,” usually caused by abnormal changes in the inner ears.
It may cause a feeling of being spun around on a merry go round or the head may feel like it is spinning all on its own.
One of the more common disorders that are known to cause vertigo is called benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, or BPPV.
Vertigo is one of the types of feelings of dizziness. When you get vertigo, you will feel everything surrounded by you is moving and spinning.
This below information listed are the best natural treatments to treat this problem from reliable sources. Continue reading this article to understand more!
What Are The Signs And Symptoms Of Vertigo?
When you feel these below symptoms beneath appear, it means that you have dizziness and vertigo
- Feeling that everything is moving
- Difficulty in standing still and walking properly
- Everything appears double
- Hard to swallow anything
- Weak limbs
- Difficulty in focusing and hearing
- Blurred vision
- Pain in the ear
- Facial paralysis
What Are The Reasons Or Causes Of Vertigo?
- Inflammation of the inner ear or vestibular neuritis. This leads to inflammation of the nerves of the inner ear leading to prolonged bouts of vertigo lasting over hours or days at a time. This can also be reason due to viral infections.
- Ménière’s disease – This is one of the conditions that is distinguished by three classical characteristics of vertigo, hearing loss or fullness of ears and tinnitus or ringing of the ears.
- Vertigo may be generated after head injury. In these cases instant attention in the emergency department is essential.
- Migraine headaches may be related with vertigo. There are other characteristics like nausea and sensitivity to light (photophobia). Migraines are usual causes of vertigo.
- Less usual causes of vertigo include a stroke, multiple sclerosis or brain tumors especially those located in the lower part of the brain.
- Vertigo may be caused due to the side effects of some medications. It may be seen after intake of some recreational drugs or alcohol.
When Do You need to See Doctor?
You should make an appointment with your doctor when you have these signs below:
- Vomiting continuously
- Suffering from a severe headache
- You have a pain in the chest region
- Loss of consciousness
- Your heart rate is irregular
- Your face, leg and arm are weak
- Your body’s temperature is high
- You have some sudden changes in vision, hearing and speech.
After knowing something about dizziness and fatigue, it’s time for finding ways to tackle nuisances caused by them.
What Are The Home Remedies To Cure Vertigo?
1. Almond Milk
- Almond is very beneficial for treating vertigo.
- Almond is a rich source of vitamin B & E that aid to cure vertigo effectively
In order to utilize almond as a home remedy, you better follow the detailed instruction below:
- The first step is to take few almonds
- Then let them soak in water for 5-6 hrs or overnight
- After that, make an excellent paste in the next morning by blending them.
- Next, keep this paste into warm milk
- Finally, drink this amazing combination of milk. It will instantly treat your vertigo problem.
2. Coriander Seeds, Sugar, And Gooseberry Powder
Another natural home remedy which can treat vertigo is the mixture of coriander seeds, sugar, and also gooseberry powder. So when you utilize this to treat vertigo, you should follow the complete direction below:
- Firstly, take a small tablespoon of coriander seeds which are called as dhaniya and a tablespoon of gooseberry powder.
- Then immerse them into water overnight.
- In the next morning, strain it.
- After that, include a half tablespoon of sugar.
- Finally, drink this liquid when you have vertigo. It will give you a permanent relief.
3. Almond And Watermelon Seeds
Almond and watermelon seeds are good for vertigo. However, you should prepare these things before doing this remedy:
- 8 almonds
- 8 watermelon seeds
- 2 tablespoons of wheat grain
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
In order to make this mixture, you should follow these steps below:
- First, immerse all the ingredients in water overnight
- In the next day morning, squeeze all ingredients in order to make a thick paste
- Then put ghee into an empty pan and put the pan on the stove.
- After this, add the paste into the pan and fry it
- Eventually, add this paste into milk and drink it
- Do this procedure number of times a week. It will relieve vertigo effectively.
4. Lemon, Black Pepper And Salt
If you want to cure vertigo naturally, will you try the combination between this lemon, black pepper and salt? This amazing mixture will cure all the signs and symptoms if it is used sincerely.
So what you require to do is to follow this certain recipe here:
- Firstly, squeeze a half of lemon into a small glass of warm water
- Then, include black pepper and a pinch of salt into this glass
- After that, mix everything well together
- Finally, drink this wonderful liquid when you are facing vertigo.
Accordingly, to deal with vertigo, ginger is the good and the easiest way for you. If you try this simple natural home remedy, nausea will be relieved, and blood circulation to the brain will be encouraged. And what you are waiting for is mentioned below:
- Soak a teaspoon of ginger pieces into a cup of boiling water about 5-10 minutes
- Then, strain the liquid to another small cup
- Add a little amount of honey to make it sweeter and palatable.
- Drink this tea regularly two times in a day
- Repeat this for few weeks.
Besides, the easiest way is that you just require a piece of ginger when vertigo attacks you. Sometimes, you can take ginger supplements. But recollect that you should ask the doctor before taking them.
6. Cardamom, Sesame oil With Cinnamon
One of the most beneficial natural home remedies for vertigo treatment is the combination of cardamom, sesame oil and cinnamon.
To implement this natural home remedy, you ought to consult these steps below which can aid to treat vertigo naturally:
- Now, heat 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- Then, mix it in a small half teaspoon of cardamom powder and a half teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Take this combination to massage your head
- Leave it on for about a 2-3 hours
- Do this process many times per week for a month or more.
7. Basil Leaf And Milk
Thanks for this spicy, smell and light of wonderful basil leaf, it will aid to treat vertigo effectively and quickly. So when you try to use this amazing herb, you may follow this detailed direction:
- Firstly, take 3-4 basil leaves
- Next, boil them in a small cup of milk
- Consume this milk or take the smell of this milk daily before bedtime
- Repeat in a few weeks.
Let us try valerian when vertigo attacks you. It can deal with the problems such as insomnia or anxiety which are the causes of vertigo. Thus, follow this below instruction here in order to get help from vertigo quickly:
- Firstly, consider a teaspoon of dried valerian root in a small cup of water
- Then permit it to soak for about 5 – 10 minutes
- After straining this tea, consume it.
- Do this certain method up to thrice a day
- Keep doing daily at least to two-three weeks.
However, there is the simplest way to cure vertigo issue fast. And you should do this home remedy in two or three weeks. Plus, consulting the doctor before you take valerian tincture is very essential.
Apart from home remedies, there are few essential yoga poses for vertigo they are:
Vertigo can finest be described as an especially unpleasant feeling of dizziness or lightheadedness. There is a number of yoga asanas which are specifically outlined to enhance the sense of balance and thereby to correct the issue of vertigo. These comfortable yoga postures can be done in yoga practices performed in the privacy of your home.
What Are The Yoga Poses To Treat Vertigo Problem?
Plow Yoga Pose
Plow Pose is also called as Halasana, it is an inverted yoga pose, decreases repeated spells of dizziness by regenerating the body and invigorating the mind. Plow pose also improves blood supply to the brain. This too can curb vertigo signs and symptoms.
- Lie in corpse pose. Now bend your knees.
- With a deep inhalation raise your legs and buttocks off the floor.
- Raise your spine and assist the back with your open palms.
- Slightly swing the legs over your head, such that the feet rest on the wall or on a low chair.
- After 30 to 40 seconds, push the chair away with your feet and lower your legs till the toes touch the floor.
Seated Forward Bend
Seated Forward Bend (Paschimottanasana) it is a perfect yoga posture for treating vertigo, by restoring the natural balance of the body.
- Sit comfortably on the floor or a bolster with your legs stretched straight out in front of you. Allow your hands to rest comfortably by the sides of your hips.
- With deep breathing, stretch forward till your fingers touch your toes.
- Bring your head down till your forehead touches the top of your shins.
- Hold this extreme for approximately 30-40 seconds.
- With a deep breathing release the tight grip on your toes and come up.
Child’s Pose is also called as Balasana, it is a restorative yoga asana balances the central nervous system and does a world of good for people who undergo vertigo.
- Kneel on the floor with your two knees together and the feet, hip-width apart.
- Now spread your knees apart till they are as wide as the yoga mat.
- With deep breathing inside bend forward till your forehead touches the floor.
- Make sure that the buttocks do not come off the floor.
- Stretch the arms forward (elbows entirely straight) and crawl forward with your fingertips. Hold this fantastic pose for thirty to sixty seconds.
Half Spinal Twist
Implementing this seated yoga pose, which is also known as Ardha Matsyendrasana, can aid individuals to cope with the undesirable symptoms of vertigo.
- Sit firmly on both your buttocks with your legs stretched out in front of you. Keep the spine erect. Now bend the left foot in such a way that the left heel in tucked behind the right buttock.
- Bend your right leg and place it over the left knee.
- Raise the left hand straight up. Bend the left elbow and hook your left arm behind your right knee. Take your right hand behind your back (fingertips should touch the floor).
- Start rotating the neck, shoulder, and chest towards the right side of the body and try to look over your right shoulder.
- Breathe routinely. Hold the pose for 30-40 seconds, Release pose and replicate on the other side.
Bound Angle Pose
Bound Angle Pose (Baddha Konasana), it is yet another restorative sitting yoga asana to treat the problem of vertigo.
- Sit firmly on both the buttocks. Stretch your legs in front of you. Now bend the legs one at a time. Allow the knees to fall outwards. Pressurize the soles of the feet together.
- Pull the heels towards your pelvis. Bear the big toes of your feet with the first two fingers of your hands.
- Hold your spine erect. Resume this pose for thirty to sixty seconds.
- Sleep well at least for 9 hours a day.
- Consume plenty of fruit juice or water per day.
- Give up drinking alcohol or smoking
- Do exercises regularly or yoga and take meditation
- Reduce stress every day
- Eat more healthy food
- Avoid caffeine
- Prevent the sudden motions
- Sit down right now whenever you feel dizzy
- Change your pillow for every 6 months
- Prevent loud sound or bright light
From above you can know more information about natural home remedies for vertigo. After reading the article of natural home remedies for vertigo attacks, I hope that it can aid you to find out the best solution for treating vertigo attacks simply and easily.
If you have any queries, or you know other natural home remedies for vertigo attacks, please leave them in a comment box below.