We all love cuddling a baby! Don’t we?
You can’t really stop hugging, kissing and getting cozy with babies when you are around them.
One of the prime reasons apart from their cuteness is their soft and smooth skin.
But, did you know that many newborn babies can get rough, scaly patches on their delicate scalp that seem to come out of nowhere?
When you see these type of rough patches on your baby’s head, you surely get worried. Isn’t it?
But it is the probability that he or she is facing cradle cap that is common and not infectious. It’s the baby form of dandruff.
Rest assured, it is not much painful or uncomfortable for your baby.
It is simply a temporary skin condition which tends to disappear on its own after three months of age.
Let us see in details, what exactly is Cradle Cap?
What Is Called A Cradle Cap?
Cradle cap arises in the form of yellow or gray scalp flakes which generally concentrate into clusters or even the entire scalp.
It is a very common scalp condition in babies, at the age of a few weeks to one year old.
This occurrence does not affect health, but it causes disfiguring.
Nevertheless, in few essential types of cases, if the cradle cap on the child’s head is strongly infected, it can cause infections or sebaceous nevus.
What Causes Cradle Cap?
Most of the people, including experts, claim that it is challenging to discover a particular contributor to this cradle cap that is true in every case.
A feasible cause of establishing this issue may be due to excessive secretion of mucus of the cystic glands. It can make sticky dead skin cells fasten to the scalp.
Some of the essential causes that may guide to improve mucus secretion are as below :
- Maternal hormones still circulating in the baby’s blood.
- An immature digestive system that does not have sufficient biotin absorption.
- There is a depletion of essential vitamins and minerals.
- Uncommon shampooing.
Cradle cap can also occur in children with atopic dermatitis.
Besides, children may experience lumpy skin or tiny acne, mostly in the cheeks and forehead regions.
This cradle cap is a flattering environment for the Pityrosporum ovale fungus development that can make the baby feel itching.
In some infrequent cases, it can spread to other areas of the baby skin.
As your children grow up, this problem becomes fewer, and when they are one year old, it may be eliminated.
If the cradle cap is just one of the thin layers, it is a typical physiological phenomenon.
Indifference, if it plays into a thick foundation plastered to the hairline, it will be itchy, and hence the baby will scratch its heads frequently.
It leads to infectious complications in the scalp.
What are the Symptoms of Cradle Cap?
Here are the typical signs and symptoms of cradle cap that can help you notice the issue earlier and then, find an appropriate treatment.
- Hard patchy scales on the scalp.
- Hair loss.
- Greasy and chapped skin
- Inflammation, drainage, instant boil.
- uncontrolled crying
How to Cure Cradle Cap By Natural Home Remedies?
Not to worry about considering your little ones. Here below you can know safe ways of natural home remedies for cradle cap along with the essential oils for this problem that are the best ways to get rid of cradle cap permanently.
Does Shea Butter Help To Treat Cradle Cap?
What gets rid of cradle cap in babies? This is one of the amazing natural home remedies on how to avoid this issue is shea butter.
An existence of vitamins and fatty acids make the ingredient capable of nourishing and moisturizing the babies skin.
As to treat the baby’s tender skin which does not possess any side effects you can use Shea butter as the fantastic cradle cap natural remedy.
Below you can know the process
- Put some amount of shea butter on hands and massage the baby’s scalp covered with cradle cap area.
- Leave the butter for about 20 to 30 minutes and mildly scrub the solution with a soft toothed comb.
- Wash it off from the baby’s head with shampoo and dry the head with a soft white cotton towel.
Getting Rid Of Cradle Cap With The Vaseline
Vaseline can efficiently work on how to treat cradle cap naturally, as it has the beautiful qualities of sealing the skin breakage and moisturizing surface of the skin.
The readily obtainable medication in everyone’s home is vaseline; it contains antibacterial and antifungal properties which cure this irritating problem instantly.
Vaseline In Removing Cradle Cap
- Apply this Vaseline to your baby’s head on that affected area.
- Leave this amazing solution for the whole night, so that it can heal thoroughly.
- In the morning timings, dress with a soft comb neatly to cure scales of baby’s scalp.
Baby Shampoo In Treating Cradle Cap
The easiest way to get rid of cradle cap is with baby shampoo.
Rinse the baby’s scalp using a mild baby shampoo which does not have any side-effects with it.
The shampoo aids in decreasing flakes by preventing irritation to baby’s skin.
Thus, baby shampoo is one of the wonderful natural home remedies how to get rid of cradle cap toddler.
- Dip your babies scalp in warm water.
- Smoothly rub the baby’s head with the baby shampoo, take the shampoo in a small amount.
- Wait for a while and rinse the scalp with soft bristle baby brush.
- Before the baby undergoes irritation wash off the shampoo with tepid water and dry baby’s scalp in a cotton towel.
Try this amazing medication regularly once for a week and twice from the second week for removing cradle cap immediately.
How to Deal With Cradle Cap With An Apple Cider Vinegar?
The other wonderful way of cradle cap treatment is apple cider vinegar. The factor is its acidic nature which can relieve this.
Furthermore, it enhances patchy scaling or thick crusts of the scalp.
Thus, apple cider vinegar is chosen to be the best way on how to get rid of cradle cap in babies, toddlers, and also in adults.
- Combine an apple cider vinegar with water in the proportion of 1:2 ratio.
- Apply the diluted mixture to the affected area of baby’s scalp and massage for about 2-5 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes, wash the baby’s scalp with lukewarm water to remove the dead skin of cradle cap.
Baking Soda For Cradle Cap
This remedy is one of the fantastic element which is useful for the number of different issues.
Let us know how to eliminate cradle cap with the help of baking soda as an excellent remedy.
Baking soda generally contains oil-absorbing quality; it is alkaline substance in nature which assists correctly for cradle cap.
The essential role played by baking soda is maintaining the pH level of the scalp. The existence of sodium carbonate helps the substance to clear fix the cradle cap.
Baking soda also enhances and repairs different issues of skin, throat, stomach, etc. Thus, we consider baking soda for treatment.
- Combine baking soda with any essential oil like coconut, almond, etc. in a ratio of 1:1.
- Rub the solution smoothly to the affected areas of baby’s scalp and massage for a while.
- After that, with the aid of soft comb clean the scalp to remove the scales from the scalp.
Stop Cradle Cap With Calendula
The other best natural home remedy on how to get rid of cradle cap on face is calendula.
The flower contains rich antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which are excellent in decreasing the symptoms of this problem and heal the issue.
The best natural technique to repair cradle cap is calendula as it also treats the nappy rash, atopic dermatitis and minor cuts scrape.
Calendula Ways To Get Rid Of This Cradle Cap
- Boil some calendula flowers in some amount of water and let it cool down for some time.
- Put this amazing solution in the affected area of your baby’s delicate skin and massage gently.
- After 2 hours wash the baby’s scalp thoroughly.
Get Rid Of Cradle Cap With Breast Milk
The famous survey has proved that breast milk plays an essential role in the baby’s growth.
The best natural home remedy for cradle cap of breast milk technique is an old practice of every mother to keep their baby healthy.
The important another thing to know is breast milk contains all the nutrients and vitamins required by the baby.
Hence, breast milk is one of the best natural remedies for cradle cap.
- Take some amount of breast milk in a bowl.
- With the fingers take some amount of milk and gently rub the fingers on the baby’s head and massage for about 2-3 minutes.
- Try the natural remedy night time so that the solution can go through the scalp and eliminate baby’s flakes, cradle cap.
- The other day you can wash the baby’s head thoroughly with tepid water and shampoo as well.
- Thus, the other essential way on how to get rid of cradle cap on my baby using breast milk technique.
Daily Brushing Is The Best Solution For Cradle Cap
This is one of the simple technique to cure cradle cap is by daily brushing.
Do not be nervous about this issue; you can effortlessly prevent it by giving a bath to baby regularly. While bathing, brush the scalp thoroughly to get rid of it.
Ways to Get Rid of Cradle Cap With Essential Oils
Here are some wonderful and effective essential oils for cradle cap recovery. Let us see the essential techniques on how to get rid of cradle cap behind ears and mainly on the scalp.
There are different oils which include in countermeasure of cradle cap, likely, coconut oil, mineral oil, olive oil, tea tree oil, almond oil, avocado oil.
The top best amazing essential oils used are coconut oil, almond, and tea tree oil as safe home remedies and natural treatments that work an easy technique to get rid of Cradle Cap.
Natural Fixes for Cradle Cap Ingredients
- Almond Oil
- Tea Tree Oil
Smooth Naturals Cradle Cap Steps
- Blend almond oil and tea tree oil in the ratio of 10:1, blend the mixture Completely.
- Apply this fantastic solution to the baby’s scalp and massage for about 2 minutes.
- After 15-20 minutes rub the scalp with Fine-Toothed Comb to clear away all the oily flakes.
- Now get a quick bath with the help of shampoo to recover cradle cap.
How To Get Rid Of Cradle Cap With The Coconut Oil?
Is coconut oil is good for cradle cap?
Let us examine how to get rid of this cradle cap with coconut oil.
The crude is rich in moisturizing and healing agents in it; the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties support to attack infections.
The essential oil encourages the growth of hair as well.
- Splash a few drops of coconut oil on your palms and apply to the baby’s scalp.
- Slight massage can aid the oil to penetrate through the babies scalp.
- You can leave the oil throughout the night or for about half an hour.
- Then, clean off the baby’s head with tepid water and gently rub with the soft brush to extract cradle cap.
What Are The Preventive Measures for Cradle Cap?
Though not dangerous, cradle cap can be distressing for the child and parent.
Here are some preventive steps to be followed by parents:
- Avoid frequent shampooing.
- Use a good shampoo, like medicated shampoo or anti-dandruff shampoo.
- Use a gentle exfoliator, i.e., baby combs with soft bristles.
- Apply oil or petroleum jelly, regularly.
- Do not comb scaly skin with force.
- Stick to breastfeeding.
- Utilize a humidifier in the baby’s room to maintain a moist environment.
- Use only mild baby shampoo.
- Rinse properly to remove traces of soap.
- Before shampooing, don’t forget to apply mineral oil.
- Ask pediatrician’s advice, if infection grows more.
- Use your fingers or clean washcloth on baby’s scalp while shampooing.
- Use natural oils for massage.
Like baby acne, cradle cap is something which will finally go away.
Overall, you do not need to feel frustrated about the cradle cap. Many infants around the world have it, and they all manage to get rid of it with natural home remedies.
Put an end to this annoying problem so that your baby can be attractive and cute as normal.
You can share this article as a reminder that there is always something new you need to learn as a parent!