Have you ever experienced foot odor? Do people turn up their noses when you slip off your shoes? How to remove smell from shoes? Do find yourself in embarrassing situations due to odor feet?
It’s a good time get rid of odor feet and stop the embarrassment. By following the below mentioned natural home remedies, you can get rid of this problem.
Foot odour or stinky feet, bromhidrosis is what the research’s call it, can be embarrassing. Simply using foot deodorant cannot help you get rid of it.
It is essential to know the causes of foot odour then only you can figure out the cures stop it permanently.
Why Do Feet Stink?
Two things are main contributors when it comes to odor feet, and that is sweat and bacteria.
Digestive problems are also sometimes thought to be an underlying factor in the development of foot odor. As it increases sweat glands in the body which leads to bad foot smell.
In fact, the purpose for smelly feet is not the sweat; it is the bacteria that flourish in the damp environment and feeds on the dead skin cells of the feet which cause the foul smell.
Generally, our feet have a lot of sweat glands, known as eccrine glands, concentrated in areas that secrete thin and watery sweat.
Since it is thin and watery, it evaporates quickly and therefore doesn’t produce odor.
In general, sweat is odorless except for that coming from the glands which are located in the armpit and genital area.
The cause of odor from these areas is that these glands secrete sweat containing amino acids and proteins that feed bacteria, giving it a particularly unpleasant smell.
The bacteria increasing on your feet give off a particular gas as they eat, which is the reason for your problems.
What Are The Biggest Causes Which Can Lead You To Embarrassing Situations Due To Your Feet? How To Get Rid Of Smelly Shoes?
- If you are wearing same shoes every day, you are not allowing the smelly sweat to dry out completely.
- You have poor personal hygiene.
- In teenagers and pregnant women, it is due to hormonal changes.
- You are under too much stress and tension.
- In particular cases, it can be due to Hyperhidrosis which is a condition in which a person sweats more than normal.
What Are The Steps To Stop Your Feet From Smelling?
- Keeping your feet fresh and sweet smelling which is all down to good personal hygiene and changing your shoes regularly. To keep feet fresh.
- Use cleaned shoes made of leather or canvas which will allow your feet to breathe. Also, make sure you give your shoe time to dry out before you wear them again.
- Use socks that are manufactured with cotton or moisture-wicking material so that your feet don’t stay damp when they sweat.
- Rinse your feet every day and always make sure you dry them thoroughly after washing as bacteria and fungi thrive in warm moist areas.
- Clip your toenails and keep them clean.
- Use a foot file to eliminate hard skin on your feet as it can get soggy when it’s damp, providing bacteria an ideal breeding environment.
What To Know About Tremendous Foot Fact?
Out of the 2-3 million sweat glands on human bodies, ½ million are located on your feet. Researchers think this is because way back in the day when we walked everywhere and didn’t yet have shoes, our feet would get hot from walking on ground baked in the sun.
The multitude of sweat glands allowed them to cool themselves off more effectively.
How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet Problem With Natural Home Remedies?
1. Simple Epsom Salt Foot Soak
Epsom salt is a well-known natural home remedy used in foot soaks to acquire smooth and soft skin. Many beauty salons and sources also use this remedy to treat foot odor.
Another upside of this natural home remedy is that it fights microbial infections and also aids in neutralizing foot odor.
Salt has astringent and also detoxifying properties; former tends to decrease sweat in the feet and later aids in relieving aching feet by forcing out the toxins like fungus, dead skin cells and also bacteria from the body. This smelly feet remedy works well.
- Take half a bucket of warm or cold water and add 2 to 3 teaspoon full of Epsom salt in it.
- Inundate your feet in the soak for 20-30 minutes everyday night before going to sleep.
- Make this a routine and follow this on a regular basis to get rid of stinky feet.
2. Sage And Rosemary Soak
Sage is a plant that has antifungal, antiviral, antibacterial and as well as astringent properties.
On the other hand, rosemary also has antifungal and antibacterial as well as astringent properties.
Therefore, both aid in reducing the generation of sweat from the sweat glands. It is intimated that less the sweat, less is the perfect environment for bacteria to hold on. This is an excellent smelly shoes remedy.
Sage also aids in fighting hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating.
- Take a bucket and fill it to the half with boiling water.
- Add one tablespoon each of rosemary and dried sage to this.
- Keep it still and let it cool down until you can put your feet in comfortably, but still warm.
- Soak your feet in this soak 30 minutes and follow this procedure on a daily basis for one week.
Sage leaves consists of a compound known as a tannic acid that aids in decreasing the secretion of sweat from sweat glands.
- In an upside, the herb also has antifungal and antibacterial properties.
- You can put dried sage leaves inside your socks and shoes.
- They will absorb the smell and leave behind a nice green scent.
- Sage tea soak and a cup of sage tea before going to bed are also very effective remedies.
3. Bubbly Baking Soda With Citrus Soak
We can make a lengthy list of uses of baking soda, and in a context of foot odor, it can be a miracle worker.
It naturally aids destroy bacteria and fungus, control odor and softens your feet. Lemon is an astringent, which aids in decreasing sweat and it also has a pleasant scent.
- Take a small bucket and fill it with 10 cups of lukewarm water, and then add one-fourth cup of baking soda.
- Squeeze in one lemon in the basin and stir it well.
- Descend your feet in, and give it a little movement.
- Soak for near about 20-30 minutes and then dry completely. Follow this natural remedy every night for one week.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar Soak
- Apple cider vinegar is one of the very powerful home remedies for decreasing your foot odor and it shows immediate results.
- Apple cider vinegar is a proven effective remedy for both skin and hair uses, and it is also an effective weight loss home remedy.
- You might not want to submerge your feet in vinegar at first, but it is a very strong cure for foot odor.
- Vinegar produces an acidic environment which makes it difficult for bacteria to thrive in, thus diminishing the count and as a subsequence, the smell.
- It also aids in maintaining the pH level of the skin and permanently eliminating odor causing bacteria.
- Take a foot basin and pour 7 cups of lukewarm water in it.
- Then include the half cup of apple cider vinegar or white distilled vinegar to it. Sink your feet in it and swish the combine around.
- Soak for around 20 minutes 2 times a day. When completed, rinse your feet with cold water, then dry completely.
5. Black Tea Foot Soak
Black tea is believed to be one of the most effective natural home remedies for hair fall, and it also provides your body with useful antioxidants.
Moreover, it is also a potent natural remedy for decreasing foot odor. Black tea consists of tannic acid which eliminates the odor causing bacteria.
Also, its astringent properties contract the pores, thus decreasing the mouth of sweat, which usually functions as the flourishing ground for bacteria.
Also, its astringent properties contract the pores, thus reducing the mouth of sweat, which usually functions as the flourishing ground for bacteria.
Pour 5 cups of boiling water in a foot basin and add five bags of black tea in it.
Allow the bags to steep for about 10-15 minutes, and then soak your feet in it for 20 minutes.
Dry thoroughly afterwards. Follow this remedy every night for one week.
6. Lavender Oil
Lavender essential oil is trusted to be a very potent cure for foot odor. It not only keeps your feet fragrant for a long time.
It contains powerful antifungal and antibacterial properties that aid kills the fungus and bacteria which are the cause of foot odor.
You can apply lavender oil even if you have broken skin, irritated or sensitive skin, cracked heels or blebs because of its gentle and relieving nature.
- Fill a bucket up to half with warm water and pour a few drops of lavender oil in it to prepare a clement foot soak.
- Let it steep for a while and then soak your feet in the bucket for around 20 minutes.
- Do this natural remedy two times in a day for a week to abrogate foot odor permanently.
7. Alum Powder
In a popular study, it is believed that Alum is a very useful home remedy for smelly feet, and it has potent astringent and antiseptic properties.
It maintains the bacteria from breeding in the feet that are the cause of foot odor. The Alum is proven to have astringent properties that tend to contract the pores on the feet, and as a result, less perspiration.
Also, alum has antiperspirant properties which are the reason it is used in many deodorants. Alum is available in both powdered and crystal form, and you can buy either the powder or the crystal.
- Prepare a mixture by taking 1 cup of warm water and adding one teaspoon of alum powder in it.
- Wash your feet with this mixture and let it be for about 20 minutes.
- Follow this remedy for a few days to get positive results.
8. Boric Acid
Boric acid is yet another helpful home remedy to fight foot odor. Boric acid is formed due to the combination of sodium salts, boron and oxygen, and is present in many foods, antiseptics, talcum powders, pesticides, soaps and more.
Boric acid has potent antiseptic properties that help in demolishing the molds and bacteria that are responsible for foot odor.
It is also believed to cure foot diseases like athlete’s foot.
Borax can be used as an alternative to boric acid to eliminate foot odor problems. Borax is a disinfectant that eliminates bacteria that is the main cause of odor, thereby abrogating foot odor. Mix
Borax is a disinfectant that eliminates bacteria that is the main cause of odor, thereby abrogating foot odor.
- Mix the half cup each of vinegar and borax in two cups of water.
- Sprinkle the solution in the inside of your shoes.
- Alternatively, you can directly sprinkle borax powder in your shoes before putting them on.
10. Sugar Scrub
It is necessary to remove the deposits of calluses and dead skin cells from the feet to eliminate foot odor.
A natural scrub will not only clean your feet, but it will also prevent the formation of calluses and corns, some of the main causes of foot odor.
A mixture of water, isopropyl alcohol, and sugar is a potent home remedy for glowing skin.
The sugar scrub removes the dead skin cells whereas the alcohol eliminates the bacteria.
- Take a bucket and pour 5 cups of water in it.
- Add 1 cup of isopropyl alcohol 8 cups of sugar in water.
- Scrub your feet with this grainy mixture for 10-15 minutes, then rinse off your feet with clean water.
- Follow this home remedy three times a week to get best results.
- Before using the sugar scrub, soak your feet in lukewarm water for 10 minutes. This definetly remove odor from shoes.
The above home remedies are very effective in eliminating foot odor. Keep trying different remedies until you find one that works for you. If you are not getting positive results even after trying above remedies for weeks, it can be due to some medical problem. Consult your doctor or a podiatrist.