On a daily basis, your skin is exposed to different skin-damaging components that can take a toll on skin’s overall health.
Also, unhealthy lifestyle and improper personal hygiene can further worsen the problem and have an adverse effect on skin’s appearance and fell. That is why, it is most important to nourish your skin from time to time.
Skincare alternatives are countless today. Some work, some don’t and some others that work for your skin do not seem to work for your pocket – right? Toners, or face mists are most essentials.
If you want a chilled spray bottle and the good way is using facial mists. Facial mist is an important skin care item that is called for its soothing and healing ability. In the past few years, it has become the go-to beauty item for obtaining clean, fresh and clear skin.
Usage of a facial mist can fight off sun damage, avoid breakouts and refreshes your skin.
Though there are a large number of facial mists available, you can always prepare it at home by using 100% natural ingredients like cucumber, etc which are filled with skin-benefiting water and vitamin C, cucumber can soothe your irritated skin and avoids it from looking dull.
This skin care ingredient can offer an excellent solution for getting rid of dull and unhealthy skin. Facial mists prepared by using cucumbers are your best bet for obtaining gorgeous skin which looks clean and clear even without applying any makeup on.
Facial mist is one among the skin care regimen, especially used in summer season. Using a best facial mist will give a refreshing, soothing and cooling effect on the skin which in turn delivers number of skin benefits like it relieves your tiredness, sweat, irritation caused due to sun’s rays and also pollution.
It not only clears your skin but also makes your skin glow with an even tone. Although the market is filled with multiple number of commercial mists, the only thing is that they consists of synthetic fragrances, alcohol, and other harsh ingredients which might cause irritation, itching, and dryness on the skin.
Hence the best possible way is to use a homemade natural facial mist/toner on your face. The possibilities of ingredients are endless that range from essential oils to coconut water, fruit or plant extracts, rose water and so on.
Now you can know how to make a simple, cooling and refreshing mist with a miracle ingredient called Cucumber. Let’s have a look on some of the cooling facial mist/toners by using this cucumber.
Before Starting The Preparation, Let’s Know Few Cucumber Benefits On The Skin.
Cucumber soothes the sunburned skin and hydrates your skin to avoid dryness by controlling the sebum production.
It improves collagen levels which in turn prevents the signs of skin aging like sagging, wrinkles and fine lines.
It is enriched with vitamin C (ascorbic acid), vitamin K, pantothenic acid, silica and vitamin A (retinol) that controls melanin and increases your natural beauty.
It soothes your skin which in turn aids to decrease the redness, swelling, irritation, breakouts, and pain on the skin.
It restores your skin moisture and softens your skin by giving a cooling and refreshing effect, as it acts as an exceptional skin-calmer.
It contains antioxidant properties that prevent the attack of free radicals on the skin.
If your skin is oily or dry, spray is the best answer for you.
What Is A Facial Mist?
The purpose of a mist in any regular skincare routine is to cleanse skin and refine pores, giving your complexion a more even tone.
And while mists have been typically for both oily and dry skin types that need an extra cleansing boost, which is packed with extra skincare benefits, like hydrating and soothing properties.
Firstly, you have to know that a mist will help shrink the appearance of pores. Wiping your face with this mist removes oil build up, which gives the appearance of smaller pores.
Secondly, it gives your skin pH balance. Due to the alkaline nature of soap and most of the best face washes, the pH balance of our skin gets disturbed. This makes your skin work in overtime to try and balance it again, which can result in excess oil. Using a mist stops this in its tracks.
Thirdly, it can be a great moisturiser – even if you’ve got an arsenal of the best moisturisers already. Mists in these days have humectant properties, which means they help bind moisture to the skin. And finally, it adds a layer of shelter to keep environmental aggressors at bay.
Here, below is a list of DIY facial mists using cucumber that can be helpful in improving your skin’s quality and texture.
Let’s get started the DIY ways of preparing cucumber cooling facial mists.
Mist – 1: (Cucumber With Lemon, Aloe Vera And Also Rosewater)
Lemon contains the natural exfoliating properties which clears excess oil and restores your skin to make it soft, fresh and smooth. Aloe vera enhances your blood circulation, soothes your skin and increases its elasticity.
Rose water consists an astringent property which cuts excess oil and balances your skin’s pH levels. This mist will hydrate and restores your skin to make it smooth, soft and also glowing.
- Peel and slice a small cucumber and pour it in a blender.
- Mix it for 2 to 3 minutes and pour its pulp into cheesecloth or a strainer.=
- Squeeze it to extract its juice into a bowl and then add fresh lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon, 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel and 1 tablespoon of rosewater in it.
- Mix well and pour this mixture into a plastic spray bottle.
- Store it in the refrigerator for a week and spray this homemade natural mist on your face to get a cool soothing and refreshing feel.
- Continue the use of this amazing mist for up to 3 times a day on regular basis.
- Use fresh cucumber juice rather than extracting from cucumber pulp (or) add few drops of your favorite essential to this cucumber mist.
- Don’t waste the cucumber pulp, as you can apply it as a face mask to your face.
- Or mix freshly removed cucumber juice and rose water in same quantities and pour it in a spray bottle. Use it daily for 2 – 3 times on your face.
Mist – 2: (Cucumber)
Cucumber alone will be used to prepare a soothing and refreshing toner.
- Cut 2/3 piece of cucumber and peel it off.
- Cut it into small pieces and blend it thoroughly for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour these cucumber pieces in a pan and add sufficient water till the pieces are well sinking.
- Cook it on a low flame for 5 to 7 minutes and now turn off the heat.
- Let the water cool down and blend this mixture intensively.
- Strain the juice and pour it into an empty spray bottle.
- Spray this cool mist on your clean face after your face wash on a daily basis.
You can also pour this chilled liquid on a small cotton pad and now place it on your strained eyes to get rid of tiredness, puffy eyes and also dark circles.
Mist – 3: (Cucumber With The Combination Of Aloe Vera)
Cucumber contains a cooling and refreshing effect and aloe vera soothes your skin to get rid of skin infections or sunburn.
- Peel a small cucumber, cut into slices and blend it to extract its juice.
- Pour it into an empty spray bottle and mix 1 teaspoon of aloe vera and enough of water to fill the spray bottle.
- Shake it well and sprinkle it on your face to get refresh and smooth result.
Instead you can also make juice of a small cucumber and add 1 teaspoon each of aloe vera juice and witch hazel which fights inflammation and 1/3 cup of distilled water to it. Mix well and pour it into a spray bottle. Shake well and mist on all over your face.
Mist – 4: (Cucumber With The Combination Of Rosewater And Glycerin)
Cucumber provides a cooling effect along with soothing and softening the skin. Rosewater decreases the redness, swelling, and irritation of the skin and also acts as an astringent. Glycerin moisturizes your skin to leave it soft and supple.
- Mix 3 tablespoons each of fresh cucumber juice and rose water and 1 tablespoon of glycerin in an empty bowl.
- Shake thoroughly and pour this into an empty spray bottle.
- Mix it well and spray it on your face and remove the rest of it by using a cotton pad.
Mist – 5: (Cucumber With Lemon Peel)
This mist is most effective over the dry skin, as cucumber soothes and softens your skin and as you all know that lemon acts as a natural exfoliator which removes oil and dirt that are clogged in your skin pores.
- Pour 1 cup of hot water in a big jar and add 1/2 of sliced cucumber and 2 lemon peels.
- Place a lid and leave it for overnight.
- Mix the liquid in the morning into an empty spray bottle.
- Shake well and sprinkle it on your face regularly.
You can also cut 1/2 a cucumber into pieces and 2 lemon peels and place it in a bowl. Pour hot water and leave for overnight. Mix it and add 2 vitamin E capsules liquid into it. Pour it in an empty spray bottle.
Mist – 6: (Cucumber With Witch Hazel And Green Tea)
Cucumber aids to tighten your skin, fade dark spots and scars and provides a refreshing effect on the skin.
- Peel and cut the cucumber into small pieces and blend it well.
- Then add 1/8 teaspoon of green tea powder in it and mix well.
- Mix the liquid and pour it in 1/3rd of the spray bottle and add 1 tablespoon of witch hazel and vegetable glycerin.
- Then fill the empty bottle with some sparkling mineral water and shake it well.
- Sprinkle it on all over your face after cleaning the face as a toner to get rid of the skin problems.
Mist – 7: (Cucumber With The Combination Of Mint Leaves And Lemon)
As You all know that cucumber has the best pH which helps to calm and tighten your skin. Mint contains vitamin A that strengthens up your skin tissue and also controls the oil production. Lemon has vitamin C and acts as an astringent that decreases excess oil and symptoms of aging.
- Extract 1/2 teaspoon of fresh mint leaves, juice of 1/2 a cucumber and 1/4 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice in an empty bowl.
- Mix well and pour this into an empty bottle.
- Spray it on your clean face or simply apply it all over the face by using a cotton pad as a toner.
- For best results, use this everyday night before bedtime.
- Or use mint tea instead of mint leaves to juice or extract.
- Instead, you can also combine some mint juice, carrot juice, lemon juice in the juice extracted from 1/2 a cucumber. Mix and pour into a spray bottle. This mist is best for treating oily skin.
Tips And Precautions You Should Take
- Drink huge amount of water and consume healthy well – balanced diet to clear off all the toxins from the skin and thereby to keep your skin smooth, hydrated and also infection free.
- You should not use a metal bottle for storage any beauty products of this mist why because the metal might react with any of the natural ingredients used for preparing mist. So, use a best quality plastic bottle or glass bottle for storing.
- Always remember that you should shake the spray bottle before each use to mix all the ingredients.
- Also, pour this mist into an ice cube tray and freeze it to make it as ice cubes. Use these ice cubes on your face to grab the same advantages.
- Other than these cooling mists, you have to exfoliate your skin regularly to remove dust and dead cells and also remove your makeup before going to bed.
You should always remember that one-time preparation of this cucumber facial toner will serve for around 4 to 5 days when kept in the refrigerator. The same procedure can be done with rose petals too instead of cucumber.
Have you ever tried cucumber mask for your skin? Try this above and let us know how you like it. Take care!