Teenagers generally need an hour of physical activity every day to help stay healthy. Keeping fit and also healthy life provides more than the obvious health benefits, it can help improve a teenager’s mood, sharpen their mind and help their skin too.
Exercise guidelines for all the teenagers
- The 60 minutes of exercise should combine moderate-intensity aerobic activity, like generally walking fast, to vigorous-intensity aerobic activity, including running.
- On 3 days a week, there should also be muscle-strengthening moves, like push-ups and few bone-strengthening exercises, including running.
- Many sports and also few activities help towards these targets, including playing football, gymnastics and martial arts training.
Here are few benefits of physical activities for teenagers
Because few exercises helps use oxygen, it causes your body to burn stored fat and helps you maintain a healthy weight. For instance, you should know that, if you walk four miles a day, four times a week, you can burn about 1,600 calories, or nearly half a pound a week.
If you don’t change your diet at all and keep walking the same distance over six months, you’ll lose 12 pounds. Walk the same distance for a few days or months and you’ll drop 24 pounds!
Here’s an idea of how to work in some exercise into your day:
- Walk around the school playground during lunchtime instead of sitting or standing around – you can still chat with your friends!
- Take a one mile walk after school with friends or the family dog.
If you stick to the walking programme, you’ll see benefits with
- Weight loss
- Muscle strengthening and definition
- Stronger bones
- A lower heart rate
- Better mood
- An improved complexion.
Gives stronger muscles
Most of the people know that exercise keeps muscles strong. But did you know that strong muscles burn more calories? Muscle mass is a metabolically active tissue. In other words you should know that, the more muscle mass you have, the more calories you burn even when you’re not working out.
As all know that for each pound of muscle you add to your body, you will burn an additional 35-50 calories per day. So an extra five pounds of muscle will generally burn about 175-250 calories a day, or an extra pound of fat every 14-20 days.
Because men have more muscle mass, they burn calories faster and lose weight more easily than girls. So girls need to work out daily to stay strong and in shape.
Gives stronger bones
Few regular body exercises particularly weight-burning exercises like running, jogging,walking, and dancing, keeps your bones strong. Studies show that resistance and strengthening exercises also boost bone mass and keep muscles strong.
For the better skin
Exercise also boosts your blood circulation and the delivery of nutrients to your skin, helping to detoxify the body by removing toxins or poisons.
As exercise boosts oxygen to the skin, it also helps increase the natural production of collagen, the connective tissue that plumps your skin. Your skin colour also improves after exercise because of the increase in your blood flow.
Gives you good brain power
Exercise boosts blood flow to the brain and helps it receive oxygen and nutrients. The better shape you’re in, the faster you activate brain waves that are responsible for quick thinking.
So, for example, if maths is a real problem for teenagers, you may find that daily exercise helps to solve it.
Getting started with exercise
As you make the daily exercise commitment, be sure to include the following three types of exercise
- Range-of-movement, or stretching exercises. These involve moving a limb as far as it will go without pain. You can do this with basic stretches or through dance, yoga, tai chi, and similar activities.
- Endurance or conditioning exercises. Endurance exercises include walking, cycling, climbing stairs, aerobics and swimming. These exercises generally strengthen your muscles and build coordination and endurance.
- Strengthening exercises. Resistance exercises help build strong muscles. You can do them with your ankle and also wrist weights, free weights, resistance machines, resistance bands, or free weights (hand held weights).
Don’t forget to keep hydrated.
The benefits of daily exercise for teenagers are incredible. Start a daily with exercise regimen today, and enjoy all the proven extras that come with moving around more.