Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia that is a degenerative disease of the brain and alzheimer’s. It results in serious impairment, hindering the ability to think clearly. Early signs of dementia often indicates alzheimer’s disease. However, the Alzheimer’s disease does not affect only the elderly, but may strike when a person is in his or her forties. Most people over forty are using some type of alternative or home remedies to prevent the early development of Alzheimer’s disease.
Symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease
- Memory loss
- Difficulty with thinking or remembering
- Trouble with language
- Mood swings
- Loss of motivation
- Not being able to take care of self
- Issues with behavior.
- Increasing age
- Down syndrome
- History of a head injury
- Risk factors for blood vessel disease such as smoking
- Family history of Alzheimer’s disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Insulin resistance.
There is some evidence of a slightly higher prevalence of Alzheimer’s disease in females than males, but this may reflect their longer life expectancy.
Home remedies alzheimer’s disease are listed below
Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, blueberries protect our brain from the damage caused by free radicals. These fruits also safeguard our body from iron compounds that can harm our brain and cause degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and even multiple sclerosis.
The phytochemicals in blueberries make it ideal for neuro protection. They also contain anthocyanins and proanthocyanidins.
The antioxidants in blueberries help get rid of the scary effects of numerous forms of dementia.
- Eat blueberries as a snack, every evening. Make sure to wash them properly to get rid of dirt and/or any other microorganisms on it.
- You can even prepare a blueberry smoothie. Drink a glass every day.
- If you don’t like eating them whole, you can even consume them in the form of granolas.
Kale and other green leafy vegetables
Kale and other green leafy veggies help to keep your mental faculties sharp. They also prevent the decline of cognitive strengths. They also decrease the chances of getting Alzheimer’s disease.
Kale is an amazing source of B12 Vitamin, which is essential for mental health. The Vitamin K in kale is also associated with cognitive health.
Vitamin B12 in kale is a necessary supplement to decelerate the shrinking of our brain that is linked with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Eat at least 2 servings of kale every day.
- Also include fresh green veggies in your diet to get benefit of nutrients that ward off Alzheimer’s.
Green tea is another natural home remedy that is rich in antioxidants, and so, helps enhance the power of our brains. It supports our blood vessels and ensures healthy circulation of blood to the brain. Drinking green tea generally stops plaque growth in our brains, a symptom that is associated with not only Alzheimer’s but also other mental diseases like Parkinson’s.
The polyphenols in green tea, slow down the process of aging and neural diseases linked with aging.
- To reduce symptoms of Alzheimer’s, you need to drink up to 3 cups of green tea every day.
- To prepare yourself this tea, start by boiling a cup of water, and add to it, two teaspoons of green tea leaves. Cover this container, in order to allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Strain the tea in a cup, and add natural honey for sweetness and cinnamon for flavor. Mix well.
This is a very popular spice when it comes to breaking the cycle that leads to brain plaque. It also reduces the inflammation that might occur in your brain and cause memory loss.
By facilitating a healthier flow of blood to the brain, cinnamon prevents and delays the symptoms linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Just inhaling the fragrance of cinnamon also improves the mental processes, thus enhancing brain functions, such as, attention, memory, visual-motor speed and virtual recognition memory.
- Prepare a cup of cinnamon tea and drink daily.
- You can also sprinkle some freshly grounded cinnamon powder on your toast or oatmeal and eat it.
The curcumin in turmeric gives it its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which in turn benefit our brain. The anti-inflammatory property helps reduce brain inflammation which is considered a leading cause of mental illnesses like Alzheimer’s.
The anti-oxidant power allows it to support the overall health of the brain by allowing the removal of any kind of plaque buildup. The compound curcumin enters our brain and destroy the beta-amyloid plaques by binding them. This makes them such a helpful home remedy for Alzheimer’s.
- To a glass of hot milk, add a tablespoon and a half of freshly ground turmeric powder.
- Mix well, and drink half an hour before you hit the sack.
- This treatment can be done on a regular basis.
By following all the above home remedies you can get rid of Alzheimer’s disease. If your problem is severe you should consult your doctor immediately.