Last updated on December 25th, 2017 at 11:03 pm
Those swelling surface under your chin may impinge on your beauty and may be a reason of your distress. Both men and women can suffer from this double chin. Overweight and loss of elasticity of your skin due to aging result in extra layer of fatty tissue beneath the chin. Some genetic factors may also cause double chin. One can go for surgical procedure to get rid of this double chin, but it may make a dent in your pocket. If you are looking for painless and pocket-friendly ways to eliminate extra fat, these natural home remedies will be beneficial for you.
- Diet and weight
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Double Chin
Wheat Germ Oil
Wheat germ oil generally contains Vitamin E that helps protect skin from photoaging. Before you hit the sack, massage your skin in upward direction for 10 minutes and leave it overnight. Do it on a regular basis until you notice improvement.
Alternatively, consume few foods that are rich in vitamin E. For instance, green leafy vegetables, legumes, dairy products, beans, barley, brown rice, nuts and seeds, peanuts, soybeans, etc., contain abundant vitamin E.
Green tea can increase the skin elasticity. It contains number of antioxidants that fight free radicals responsible for ageing. The anti inflammatory properties of this herbal tea also protects skin from photoaging.
You can use green tea bags to massage your skin.
Honey melon contain Vitamin C which safeguards skin from photoaging.
Peel the skin of melon and grind a melon to make its juice. Apply it on face and neck using a cotton ball.Massage gently and leave it for 20 minutes. And apple juice can also be added.
Besides, eating a melon also gives amazing results.
The Chin Lift
The chin lift stretches generally tones your muscles of the jaw, neck and throat. To do these chin lift, follow these simple steps:
- Stand or sit with your spine erecting straightly.
- Tilt your head back until you are looking towards your ceiling.
- Tightly gather your lips tightly, as if you wanted to kiss your ceiling.
- Try not to engage any other facial muscle exercises while doing this chin exercise; just use your lips. Hold your lips in a puckered position upto a five-count, then release. Repeat the chin exercise for 5 to 10 times in a row.
The Neck Roll
The neck roll exercise not only tones and stretches the muscles of your jaw, throat and neck, but also releases tension from your shoulders and this can ease neck and shoulder pain. Follow these below steps to perform the neck roll as a double-chin exercise:
- Stand or sit with an erect spine.
- While inhaling your breath, gently turn your head to one side until your chin touches your shoulder. You should be looking to one side.
- While exhaling you breath, slowly roll your head downward until your chin is resting on your chest. Remember that you should keep your spine straight and your shoulders squared.
- While inhaling, gently lift your head back up until your chin touches the other shoulder. You should be looking to the other side.
- Repeat this exercise full neck roll for 5 to 10 times.
The Jaw Release
The jaw release exercise generally tones and stretches the muscles of your face. Perform the jaw release exercise as follows:
- Sit or stand with an erect spine.
- Inhale deeply through the nose; exhale slowly, while humming with your lips pressed tightly together. While you are inhaling and exhaling, move your jaw as if you were chewing.
- When you finish your exhale, open your mouth up as wide as you can. Inhale, and exhale from your open mouth with an audible sound of ahh. Rest the tip of your tongue gently against the backs of your lower teeth to help the jaw relax.
- Repeat both steps of this exercise 5-10 times.
Have you tried any of these methods? By following above these remedies you can get rid of these problem. If you are suffering with severe problem you should consult your doctor immediately.