You might be a complete Vegan or a person who has switched to vegan considering the various health factors in the present environment. There are lot of issues that are being speculated about inappropriate ways to increase the farm production and diseases that are associated with them.
Keeping all these in mind, a lot of people feel it’s good to be or become a Vegan and live a healthy life than having something that is unhealthy for our health. While going Vegan you can get benefit in many ways, but it’s not all that good even as well. We have pros and cons with regard to everything and this does not leave the Vegan Diet as well. So let’s see the major Pros and Cons of a Vegan Diet.
- Vegans are considered to be thinner and a lot more flexible as the food does contains good amount of dietary fibers and are not that high when it comes to the calorie intake when compared to other foods.
- They have lower blood pressure and Cholesterol levels compared to the others. Having a lower BP and Cholesterol is the perfect balance for yourself to reduce the risk of any cardiac diseases. Vegan’s Diet are considered to have lower LDL levels (low-density lipoprotein.) and there are considerably less chances of Hypertension and stress.
- Lower fat here helps in maintaining a correct body weight which can help in reducing the risk of various Cancers and as well help them fight the major body issue that is Obesity.
- Having too much of dietary products like Milk, Cheese and Eggs might not help in lowering the saturated fat and Cholesterol levels at a time. Having a proper diet with the required nutrients can help you keep them in control.
- The flavoring that is added to any Vegan foods including the key ingredients like Garlic,Ginger,Onions and Turmeric helps the body to fight against stroke, reduces the risk in cancer and also Osteoporosis.
- With a Vegan Diet including some of the major food like beans,whole grains, fruits and vegetables you can increase the antioxidants intake that is needed for the body.
- If you are not a Vegan and switching yourself to Vegan, then trust us you are doing great when it comes to your Self control. If you are able to have such a control over your diet, then your control over the other food unhealthy food items can be controlled. This overall will beneficial your health.
Lets make you aware of certain Cons as well as its always good to have a complete knowledge of what we eat.
- Different people have different body types and tend to be allergic towards different foods. So people go by the food that keeps them healthy and allergic. It’s a huge challenge for yourself to get the required nutrients for your body if you are a Vegan or allergic to some of the vegan foods. For example, Soy is a complete plant protein source. If you trying to avoid Soy, then you really need to think of other substitutes. They should be taken in proper quantity intake to match up with the soy loss.
- If you have conditions such as Diabetes or Osteoporosis, then go with a proper diet. A diet plan suggested by your doctor should be considered. A Vegan diet plan may not completely go with your medical conditions at times.
- If you are a foodie and who craves tasty food all the time, then you have a major set back. Most of the restaurants provide yummy Non-veg food over the Veg taste.
- Vegan Diets most of the time lack the essential vitamins and minerals required for the body. We have various foods as a substitute but they might not necessarily be the a rich source. By this, there is high chances of loss of the required.
Having a balance diet is necessary more than anything whether you are a Vegan or not. Make sure to know the Pros and Cons of the food. You need to have a healthy diet that will benefit your body.