Which woman generally does not want shiny, healthy silky hair? In fact, hair dyes, blow dryers, straighteners, overexposure to sun & chlorinated water are only a few of numerous factors that cause the loss of moisture and shine and make our hair look brittle, frizzy and dry. If you are looking for few essential home remedies for shiny hair, it is as easy as stepping into your kitchen. Sometimes it is fun to pamper yourself with natural hair treatments at the convenience of your own home instead of going out & buying something from local stores.
Honey is one of the best home remedies for shiny hair. It is a common ingredient in a lot of hair treatments. It is often used to add moisture, impart shine and soften your strands. Besides, honey is a natural and safe humectant, which draws in & retains moisture. In addition to this, honey has extreme anti-bacterial properties; therefore, it will help to keep your scalp clean and healthy. If you would rather use a hair mask, mix honey with a few drops of olive oil to get a deep conditioning treatment
spray bottle, 2 cups of warm water and 2 tablespoons of honey
- Step 1 – mix about two tablespoons of honey with two cups of the warm water
- Step 2 – spray this mixture to your hair
- Step 3 – wait for some minutes and rinse off as normal.
Yogurt is another remedy in top home remedies for shiny hair. This is a common ingredient in kitchen that is often used in beauty recipes. Yogurt has natural antifungal and antibacterial properties because it has high lactic acid content.
Yogurt can help strengthen & moisturize your hair. It also helps soothe your skin of your scalp and calm any itchiness.
Everything you need to make this recipe is one container of plain yogurt.
- Step 1 – Brush out your hair well
- Step 2 – Take the yogurt & spread it throughout your hair
- Step 3 – Next, you take an old hair tie & put your hair into a bun or ponytail. You only need to leave it up or put a bag over it.
- Step 4 – Leave it in about 20 to 30 minutes or until you see the yogurt has hardened
- Step 5 – Take a shower afterwards & shampoo or condition with a good brand.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel is one of the easiest home remedies for shiny hair in the planet. Using aloe vera gel for scalp and hair is particularly beneficial for women who have an itchy or dry scalp because aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties and it contains ingredients, which help protect against seborrhea. In addition, to this aloe vera is also known as a remedy for clearing or reducing your scalp dandruff, restoring hair’s natural sheen and combating frizz.
Everything you need is only aloe vera gel
- Step 1 – mix some teaspoons of aloe vera gel with the conditioner or shampoo you already use
- Step 2 – apply it on your scalp and hair
- Step 3 – wait for some minutes and rinse out as a normal way.
Some shampoos in the market already include aloe vera extracts; however, if you want to make your own remedy, experts recommend that you should use herbal shampoo and use 1/2 amount of this shampoo with half amount of aloe vera gel. In addition, if you are suffering from hair loss or dandruff, aloe vera is good option for you, especially if you do not have free time to massage your hair and scalp or do a scalp treatment.
Egg is one of the best solutions for dry hair. Besides, egg yolk is a great source of protein that helps strengthen and repair your hair by adding shine, moisture, and texture to it. If you want to get shinier hair, you can replace your current deep conditioner with this egg.
In addition, you can use egg alone or use with other ingredients.
- Step 1 – You can use 1 to 3 eggs depending on your hair’s length. You also need to separate the egg yolk from the whites. Then, you pour the yolk into the bowl & whisk until blended.
- Step 2 – Add 2 tablespoons of oil such as olive oil, coconut or baby oil. Then, whisk together until blended.
- Step 3 – Add some drops of essential oil in case you want the fragrance.
- Step 4 – Add cup of lukewarm water into this mixture and then mix it well. You should use water because it can help this mixture spread better in your scalp and hair.
- Step 5 – Wash your hair with shampoo and rinse out of your hair
- Step 6 – Put this egg mixture into your hair and then comb through
- Step 7 – Let it sit on for 5 to 10 minutes depending on how brittle and dry your hair
- Step 8 – Rinse out with lukewarm water and style as normal way.
These are the benefits of natural things for your hair and you can also get more options for your hair treatment. However if you have any problem or any questions you need to contact your health care professional before applying these remedies.