Home Remedies For Bunion
Bunions are a form of joint pain and it is a common problem among women who wears high heels a lot, people who spend a lot of time on their feet and those who will exercise with poor form. At first, you might not think that your bunion is any big deal, but when left untreated, bunions can cause a serious scar tissue to form in the foot, toe abnormalities and a whole cause’s lot of pain.
Causes Of Bunions
- By wearing shoes which are tight and limit the foot’s range of motion, causing a bursa to develop a bursa is a small fluid-filled sac of joint fluid in the leg that feels tender and usually appears swollen.
- Excessive pronation of your ankles.
- Poor form when running or doing exercises.
- Overusing the feet and repetitive movements.
- Minor injuries to the feet, ankles or toes.
- Joint scarring in the feet that caused by conditions like arthritis which limit the feet’s range of motion.
- Osteoarthritis that causes bone spurs to develop on the toes.
Bunion Symptoms and Signs
- A swollen, enlarged base of the big toe appears. The outer edge of your big toe might appear in the form of red, puffy and warm. The larger area around the big toe might also become swollen.
- You might notice a growth enlargement which appears at the side of the big toe where it meets the foot.
- Pain occurs in the toes, especially near your big toe.
- Pain occurs when wearing specific shoes that are tight around the toes, but not other shoes.
Natural Remedies To Cure:
The main reason why olive oil can become effective in getting rid of the bunion is because it can effectively make the blood circulation flow to increase. This can also reduce the size of the bunion if this would be done every day.
- Massage the place where bunion on the feet once in the morning and once at night.
- Do this process until there is a significant change with how the bunion looks like.
Do Some Foot Exercises
If you are constantly doing other exercises for your entire body, you have to remember that you also have to do some feet exercises. Do remember that by doing foot exercises will slow down and also eventually stop the appearance of the bunion on your feet.
- Make sure that you will stretch your big toe especially while sleeping at night every day.
- Stretch all of your toes once you make sure that your big toe has already been stretched.
- Flex your toes a few times. You may have to hold them first for about 10-20 seconds before moving again.
If you feel that you are already having few problems with bunions, what you can do is make sure that you will not cause it to swell first. If in case your bunions are already swelling, you can make use of an ice pack in order to reduce this swollen problem. Using an ice pack can reduce the pain which you are feeling.
- Place an ice pack on your bunion for about 15-20 minutes.
- Do this every day or every time you feel pain because of your bunions.
You can just recommend castor oil to some people and they will have a reaction already. Some people remember that castor oil as something they had to take when they were not feeling well. Castor oil is one of the reaches in anti-inflammatory properties. This can be effective in getting rid of the toe pain.
- First, warm the castor oil.
- Dip a clean cloth into the oil and place on the bunion swell.
- Cover the cloth with another cloth to make sure that the castor oil will stay heated.
- This can be done especially when the bunion hurts a lot.
Soak your Feet in Warm Water
Do remember that one of the main reasons why bunions form is because the feet are tired and the blood stops to circulate and flow. What you can do to improve this is you would have to soak your feet in warm water.
Prepare a bowl and pour some water and warm it. Once the water is warm enough, place your feet in that for about 20 minutes.
- The warmth of the water will help to alleviate the tiredness and soreness of the feet.
The main reason why Epsom salt is very effective because it contains magnesium sulfate which is well known and helps to get rid of the inflammation and also pain brought about by the bunion.
- Make sure that you have enough Epsom salt which you can place on a whole pail of water.
- Soak your feet in the pail of water for about 20-30 minutes.
- You will start to feel that your pain is decreasing and going away.
- Doing this every day can decrease the size of the bunions.
If in case you have tried all of the home remedies which can possibly get rid of bunions but these remedies did not work at all of them, what you can do is to get surgery. Do remember that there are different types of surgeries are available. You would have to discuss this with the surgeon so that you can know the right type of surgery to get for your bunion.