Easy Scoliosis Exercises
Apart from the food you eat, physical activity is one of the most vital factors in being free from any chronic diseases. It is also something that can be added to any lifestyle because there are plenty of ways to get your everyday exercise.
An imbalanced back can even lead to injury, tissue and nerve damage. Our body was built to function as a whole and when any one part is off, rest of the systems can be affected.
If you’re here then it is pretty sure you want to find an effective, long lasting as well as natural remedies for scoliosis. What if you’re automatically at a disadvantage in this important category because of a postural deviation?
Here are some tips that worked for so many people that can help improve your personal case as well of functional scoliosis.
Bird Dog Stretching
- It is a form of scoliosis exercise that needs a gym ball as a support. It’s a very beneficial exercise for beginners because it hurts less and helps attain the perfect posture you desire.
- Requires a family member’s help to stretch your left arm as well as right leg while supporting your body on the other leg.
- Your hand showing the upper body as a bird and the lower body as a dog.
- In order to maintain the balance, the ball is an absolute need there.
There are various ways of performing planks as it helps strengthen your core muscles. Thus, it’s one among the Scoliosis exercises. But, the recommended one for beginners is the form that requires your forearms and toes to face the plank.
Split stance stretch
- This stretch is tailored to scoliosis stemming from the unequal-length legs.
- Step forward with your longer leg. Keep your torso upright and begin shifting your weight back and forth between your front and back legs.
- Let the forward knee to bend while shifting your weight onto it.
- Raise your arm that’s opposite of your forward leg as high as possible.
- When raising one arm, reach back with the other arm with your palm up as far as you can comfortably go.
Note: This movement causes your torso as well as spine to turn toward the side of the forward leg. So, perform this exercise only on one side. Do 2 – 3 sets of 5 – 10 reps each. You can also do this exercise every day.
- This is a Scoliosis exercise that can be performed either on your bed or floor.
- Raise your knees in order to form a T shape and then move it in either direction.
- Keep your shoulders flat on a mat because you might be tempted to raise them.
- Remember, only lower your knees to your comfortable point.
Triceps Raise or Row
- It is best known as a row raise, but in colloquial language, it’s called as a triceps raise.
- This exercise helps work your muscle and maintains a support for the trunk.
- The best suited to perform this exercise are free weights but only if needed.
- Amid this course, the best way to choose your form will depend on the challenges you face due to the treatment.
- It takes a time to determine which mode will help attain successful results.
- Make sure to take a pulley or a stretchable string and facing the same, pull it in the upper direction. This challenges your core muscles.
- This exercise might be difficult but has proven results.
- Yoga has been one of the oldest practices to cure a plethora of ailment and it helps in enhancing your overall physical strength.
- It maintains a balance for your body in case of Scoliosis.
Partner stretch exercise
- As the name says, you need a partner for this exercise.
- Lay flat on the floor on your stomach then raise your body up in a plank position.
- Your toes, elbows, and forearms are all holding you up.
- Now the partner beside you will kneel on the convex side of your curve
- Now, put your partner’s on your midriff, and gently pull your midriff towards him/her, giving a deep, nice stretch.
- Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds, and do 3 to 4 reps. You can do this activity on a daily basis
Most of these exercises are performed on or else focused on the side of your body affected by the curvature of your spine.
If you find that non-surgical spine treatments like physical therapy, light exercise, and prescription medications are not providing you any sufficient relief, then this may be the time to reach out to a spine specialist.
Don’t forget, exercise gives a great relief and it is known as the best way to attain great results as well as a nonsurgical remedy to Scoliosis.