There are plenty of people who suffer from the embarrassment every single day due to psoriasis. It is a very serious skin disease and it is not very common. Psoriasis is also an of chronic and inflammatory disease where the skin becomes red and flaky patches. This certainly will cause immense discomfort and it should be treated immediately.
Though there are medicines as well as ointments that can treat the disease but it is always better to follow simple and natural home remedies to treat the disease successfully without any side effects. Here, we provide you the details about a few effective home remedies in order to treat psoriasis successfully. Follow the home remedies on a regular basis to treat this disease to a great extent.
Aloe Vera Gel:
Without a doubt, Aloe vera gel is one of the best remedies for psoriasis. The pure aloe vera gel is an amazing skin moisturizer that can control this discomfort that caused by psoriasis to a great extent. Try this remedy for a month and you will certainly get amazing results.
How to use?
- Take some fresh gel of aloe vera in a bowl.
- Take a clean cotton ball and dip it in the gel
- Apply this on the red itchy part of your skin and leave it for half an hour
- Do it thrice a day for best results at least for 3 or 4 weeks
As we know, castor oil is obtained from the seeds of the castor plant and it is rich in antioxidants. In addition to that, castor oil is also considered to be a miraculous cure for plenty of skin diseases which also includes psoriasis. This amazing oil can control psoriasis beyond your imagination.
How to use?
- Take some castor oil and a cotton ball
- Dip it in the oil and apply it on the affected area of your skin
- Let the oil remain at least for a couple of hours or apply it before you go to sleep and leave it till morning
- Wash off the excess oil in morning with lukewarm water
- Repeat this for a couple of weeks to get best results
Curcumin, which is the primary active ingredient in turmeric is one of the best things to treat skin disorders, again, including psoriasis. In addition to that, curcumin also can prevent psoriasis inflammation by inhibiting the growth factor of your skin that is mainly responsible for this disease. When you apply turmeric paste on a regular basis on your affected area it can reduce plaque formation by half!
How to use?
- Take one teaspoon of turmeric paste and mix it with 3-4 spoons of water
- Mix it together and form a thick paste
- Apply it on the affected area by dipping it on a cotton ball
- Allow the turmeric paste to stay on the psoriasis lesions at least for half an hour
- Wash off the excess paste with normal clean water
Oatmeal helps not just to reduce your weight but also it helps you prevent skin diseases. An oatmeal bath is a great aid to hydrate your skin layers and reduce the inflammation as well as itching. Moreover, it softens and soothes your skin, and calms the nerves. That is why oatmeal is considered good for some skin problems like eczema and dry skin too.
How to use?
- Mix a cup of finely powdered oatmeal in your bathtub filled with warm water
- Soak yourself in this oatmeal bath for about 15 to 20 minutes every day during flare-ups.
- Rinse your skin with lukewarm water when you get out of the bath, pat dry your skin then generously apply a good moisturizer.
Garlic is yet another useful remedy for psoriasis because of its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It also inhibits the activity of an enzyme called as lipoxygenase which causes the inflammation that is associated with psoriasis. Additionally, being an antimicrobial agent, garlic helps prevent infection.
How to use?
Eating garlic can prevent psoriasis outbreaks because of its active compounds as well as the blood purifying property.
- Mix equal amounts of aloe vera gel and garlic oil. Apply it on the affected area.
- Allow it on for about 15 minutes.
- Wash the excess oil with clean water
- Repeat it at least for a month, every day.
Just follow these simple and effective home treatments in order to minimize the discomfort caused by psoriasis. It is also important to find the root cause for this disease. Even though psoriasis is non-contagious, it can cause you a lot of physical discomforts. So, it is better to follow a restricted psoriasis diet, manage your stress, healthy lifestyle, have dietary herbs as well as supplements and use the natural remedies on a regular basis for a holistic healing of psoriasis.