Well, it just sounds simple! Really simple! Drink water and prevent yourself from kidney stone… We all will agree with this – either directly or indirectly water affects the facets of our life.
Also, water is a miracle cure for most of the diseases such as joint pain, fatigue, headache and much more. But how the intake of water can prevent us from kidney stones?
It is said that reduced intake of water is one of the reasons for developing kidney stones. Not only water, increasing your consumption of other liquids can also help preventing kidney stones such as lemon juice.
The ultimate aim is to let everyone know to drink enough water or else liquids to produce at least 2 liters of urine every day which is one simple way in order to flush out toxins and prevent these salts and wastes build-up in our kidneys.
However, a million dollar question comes up whenever anyone talks about the topic – water. How much water do we need to drink in order to prevent kidney stone and stay healthy?
Remember, if you never had this issue ensure you are drinking six to eight glasses of water every day.
Kidney Stones Factors:
There are so many factors that influence kidney stones in our body such as:
- Inadequate drinking of water
- Inadequate consumption of fiber and Vitamins A, E and B6
- Urinary Infection
- Lack of exercise
- Urinary pH imbalance
- Long term dehydration
- Magnesium and potassium deficiency
Above all, when you take medicines such as aspirin and antacid supplements it will increase the risk of kidney stones.
Signs And Symptoms Of Kidney Stone:
Usually, kidney stones will not cause you any pain while they are in your kidneys. But they can cause severe pain all of the sudden when they travel to your bladder from your kidney.
In common, these symptoms are seen when the stone becomes large and it interferes with the normal flow of urine. Some of the common signs and symptoms of kidney stone as follows:
- Severe pain between ribs and your hip
- Nausea and vomiting
- Swelling in your abdomen
- Severe pain while urinating
- Cloudy urine with a bad smell
- Feeling of urinating more often
- Chills and fever
- Blood as well as sediment in the urine
People usually experience the intense pain when the kidney stone moves to the bladder blocking ureter which is exactly between your kidney as well as bladder.
Types of kidney stones:
- Calcium Stones: This is the most common type of kidney stones. Most of the kidney stones are made out of calcium oxalate and this oxalate is found in some fruits as well as vegetables, but the fact is that your liver produces most of your oxalate. If you are found to have oxalate stones, then your doctor may recommend avoiding foods that are rich in oxalates, such as dark green vegetables, chocolates, and nuts. But drinking more water is truly effective.
- Struvite stones: This type of kidney stone is found more often among women, these are the result of urinary tract infections usually.
- Uric acid stones: This sort of kidney stones is a byproduct of protein metabolism. They are found with gout and it may result from certain genetic issues and disorders of your blood-producing tissues in common.
- Cystine stones: They represent a small percentage of kidney stones. This type of stone is the result of a hereditary disorder which causes your kidneys to excrete massive amounts of specific amino acids.
What Should You Avoid?
- A high diet in sugar
- Processed food
- Drinking too much of soda
- Avoiding physical activities
- Drinking fluoridated water
- Eating non-fermented foods
- Not consuming calcium rich foods
- Lacking magnesium
However, considering the above facts exactly how much water a person needs – that depends on a lot of factors such as their activity levels, the climate of the place and much more.
But there is one way to know whether you are having a good amount of water or not is to monitor your urine output. If you find low urine output, then it could be a sign that you need to intake more water.
But this doesn’t mean that frequent urination is a good thing. That could again be a symptom of some underlying diseases such as diabetes or else the prostate problems.
In order to increase your water intake try to have infused water this gives a different taste and also will prevent you from dehydration as well as kidney stones or else consume fruit juice and lemonade on a daily basis!
Our health is not yet digitalized; we still have to follow the analog ways to take care of ourselves.