Yoga is a low-impact exercise with a number of benefits including physical and mental states of the body. According to a recent study, It improves the cognitive functions of the brain and also helps to relieve from memory problems. Yoga balances the mental and emotional levels of the individual and also help the person to improve their spiritual angle especially for those dealing with stresses related problems. When you learn new ways of moving your body and responding to the different postures. Then the mind shifts its emotions and may change as well. On a Whole, a person can achieve physical flexibility and unlocks your mental potential. You develop a new approach to life, thus improving your overall health.
Yoga Mitigate Cognitive Decline in the Brain.
Many Studies have demonstrated that intense physical activity helps to keep the mind sharp with age, while this suits for activities such as yoga as well. Probably, inactivity is the biggest enemy if you seek to optimize your cognitive function. The another major attribute of combining physical yogic activity with meditation intensifies the benefits in both perspectives of brain and body.
Studies proved that depressed people who have done meditation have relatively improved their mood when compared with people who have done other activities. People who are not interested in intense activities can opt for Yoga. This is a relatively mild activity which reduces stress and fortifies the ability to think better.
This has been justified by doing an experiment on 29-year-old adults suffering from dementia who were anxious about their state of memory.
The participants were divided into two groups. While, one group enrolled in a brain training program which consists of mental exercises of one hour every day.
But the second group was recommended to participate in a yoga class every day .Additionally, They were taught meditation. Ultimately, the second group of individuals had recovered rapidly than the first group involved in brain exercises.
Thus yoga improves the mental ability of any individual suffering from disorders.
How Yoga is Beneficial for Brain :
- Regularly practicing Hatha yoga improves the brain function and relieves you from stress. This is more effective than aerobic exercises. These simpler postures have a greater effect on the body and also increases the speed and accuracy of decision-making abilities.
- High level of self-awareness can be achieved with the reduction of stress levels.
- Yoga treats all the mental disorders, including depression, anxiety,post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and also schizophrenia. A study suggests that it has a similar effect of antidepressant medicines.
- Improvement of emotional resilience has been noticed and anger management skills have been increased.
- Additionally, Yoga improves the overall health and thwarts the stress imbalances and relieves from the wide range of symptoms of mental disorders.
- Researchers also believe that yoga can cure some extreme conditions like epilepsy, chronic pain, depression, and anxiety. Regular meditation and yoga releases anti-stress hormones and helps to fight depression.
Extra benefits of Yoga and meditation :
By practicing different postures flexibility can be improved and also develops the capability of the immune system. Lower levels of cortisol have released by regulating the HPA (hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal) axis.
Meditation calms your mind and thus improves your concentration levels .It lowers the risk of cardiac arrests and relieves the individual from hypertension.
Reduces weight :
Actually, Stress is an indirect factor for fat deposition. When you are stressed specific hormones are released in the body which are responsible for fat accumulation. Stress alters the body mechanisms and also deteriorates the thinking abilities. But these can be altered with the practice of regular yoga and meditation.
Recent research revealed that chronic stress stimulates the production of betatrophin in the body, This protein blocks the enzyme that breaks down the fat compound in the body . So by reducing the stress levels reduction of inflammation is possible. In addition to that, Risk of other health problems can also be reduced including obesity.
Finally, Yoga has tremendous benefits on the human body right from reducing stress to fighting obesity and improving the cognitive abilities of individuals. Include Yoga in your schedule as per your timings and make sure you practice every day without fail. Constant practice improves the overall health and increases immune levels in the body.