There are 2 types of people in this world. One, who is trying to get a slim-trim body and the other trying to gain some weight so that they don’t look skinny.
Both these paths are not really easy one to travel through, and you must understand one thing that, eating all throughout the day won’t let you become healthy in a jiffy.
So, what should you do? Well, probably most common and easiest of the solutions is the protein shakes.
Protein Shakes: What Are They Actually?
As the name suggests, these shakes are means of consuming extra protein as per the experts’ advice. Depending on the kind of exercise you are performing or the amount of weight you want to gain, you need to consume protein and the best way to do that is by consuming these shakes.
Whichever flavor you choose to drink, the basic foundation for these shakes remains the same: egg, rice soy and whey.
Reasons to consume protein shakes
There are quite a few reasons why you can use the protein shakes as your weight gain products. They help in rebuilding your tissues and muscles. People who are looking to build their body and gain some extra weight can easily use the protein shakes to fulfill their goal.
Benefits of Protein Shakes
- Protein shakes are good for those who are mostly involved in rigorous workout or exercises. It helps to restore the glycogen level in your muscle.
- These shakes can be helpful in building your body stronger and healthier. You will be able to gain more powers in your muscle and develop a nice body as well.
- Whey is the most important element which helps in increasing the weight. Hence, these shakes are really useful.
- Proteins also are useful in increasing the immunity of your system. And when combined with the vitamins, there can’t be anything better.
- Soy can be a good element to reduce the breast cancer issues for the women.
- Protein shakes help diabetics. Replacing breakfast with protein shakes aid in stabilizing blood sugar levels and reducing insulin spikes.
- They’re also important for those on a high-protein diet like Atkins. They can replace meals or serve as snacks.
- Normally these protein shakes are very much easy to make and convenient to make.
Alternative Ways of Gaining Weight:
As discussed earlier, these weight gainers can have a large negative impact on your body, and it may not suit you as well. So, you have to look for different alternative ways, if you want to gain some weight. These alternative ways can be:
1) Maintain The Perfect Diet Plan:
One of the key ways of gaining more weight can be done by maintaining perfect diet plans; it may take some long time to show its result, but it is the best way to weight gain.
2) Do Proper Physical Exercises Regularly:
If you can do proper exercises regularly, then it helps to gain weight, cause by doing good exercise you can increase your BMR and digestion of your food, so it does help to increase your weight.
3) Make Your Homemade Shakes:
There are many recipes available that will help you to make your homemade shake and those recipes are very helpful for gaining weight.
How To Make Weight Gaining Shakes?
There are a few steps you need to follow to make a weight gaining shakes.
Take the mixture of some low-fat milk or low sodium fruit juice or diet soda and put it into a glass.
Take 4-6 ice cubes and add them to your drink.
You can add some flavor as well if you feel that you need it. These flavors can be like mango, lemonade, etc.
Put this mixture into a blender, and make sure that the mixture blends perfectly.
Now you should add flavored or unflavored protein powders into the blender, and make sure the amount of protein powder is about 20-25 grams and not more than that.
You can add carbohydrate powder as well.
This homemade shake is a lot more useful, efficient and healthier like the weight gaining supplements, so you really should embrace it if you want to gain weight.