Do You Worry About Getting Out In The Sun?
Is the thought of the summer sun stopping you from buying the gorgeous sleeveless dress that you always wanted to wear?
Is the difference in the skin tone of your body upsetting you?
Though it is a general notion that only summer sun is dangerous for our skin health, the ultraviolet rays of the sun can damage your skin even other seasons too.
The damage is more in the countries that are close to the equator like India. Tanning and loss of natural skin glow are two common skin related problems in India. Earlier we have discussed some tips for glowing skin and in this post I’ll discuss the natural remedies to counter skin tanning.
Before we check, the remedies let us first look at what is tanning why it takes place.
What Is Tanning?
Sun tan is the process where the skin gets darker after prolonged exposure to the sun. Though, sun exposure for some time, especially in morning, has many health benefits, prolonged or over exposure to the sun is some serious negative effects on the body, and it may even lead to some skin ailments including cancer.
Why Do We Get Tanned?
Tanning is our skin’s natural way of protection from the harmful ultra violet rays. Whenever we are exposed to the sun, our body produces a pigment called melanin on the exposed areas which counter the ultraviolet rays.
Though all parts of our body get tanned and how to remove tan from feet with baking soda, the effects are more visible on some parts like face hands and legs because they are more exposed to sun and pollution.
Many people wear summer coats and face scarves to stop tanning, but it only stops the sunlight from reaching on your skin that might reduce the intensity of tanning a bit, but it can’t stop the ultraviolet rays which cause skin tanning.
When over exposed to the sun, the skin tone becomes uneven and patchy which makes it appear lifeless and dry. Though there are many cosmetics products which claim to be effective for reducing sun tanning, they are either expensive or have some side effects.
Effective Home Remedies Against Tanning
After researching on the topic and observing various medicines and creams, I have found out that natural remedies are actually the best way of dealing with tanning.
Though most of the cosmetic products that are available on the market are claiming to be natural, they are not as effective as the remedies that you can find around you in the comfort of your home and know how to remove tan from the face.
The best part is they are not at all expensive and have no side effects. Let’s check out some home remedies to counter tanning.
Best Home Remedies To Remove Tan
Instead of spending thousands of rupees on extremely expensive cosmetic products that are overloaded with dangerous chemicals and harmful bleaching agents, use home remedies to remove tan that is prepared from natural ingredients and are completely safe.
The home remedies for how to remove tan are divided into three sections
- The first 3 home remedies are for removing tan from your face.
- The next 3 home remedies are for removing tan from your hands.
- The last remedy is a golden remedy which you can apply to any part of the body where you feel there is a tan.
Remove Tan From Face
1. Tomato + Yogurt + Lemon Face Pack
- 2 tablespoons of tomato pulp
- 1 tablespoon of lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt
Method Of Application
• Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and apply the paste on your face evenly, leaving out your eyebrows.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Tomato juice may cause itching in the beginning, but your skin will get used to it with regular application; itching is a sign of the higher rate of pigmentation.
- It helps in removing dark spots and pigmentation caused from tan on your face.
- The citric property of the pack works as a natural bleach which helps to remove tan from your face.
- Tomato juice is a natural toner.
2. Oats And Buttermilk Pack
- 1 tablespoon of oats
- 2 tablespoons of buttermilk
Method Of application
- Mix a tablespoon of oats in 2 tablespoons of buttermilk thoroughly.
- Apply the mixture evenly to your face.
- Leave this paste on for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with normal water.
- Oats work as a natural scrub and exfoliate your face that is vital for your skin’s health.
- Buttermilk helps to moisturize your face and prevents tanning.
3. Potato + Lemon Juice Face Pack
- 1 Potato whole
- 1 lemon juiced
- Extract the juice of a potato by using a mixer.
- Add the lemon juice in it.
Method Of Application
- Mix the potato juice and lemon juice and apply it on your face with emphasis on the dark and pigmented spots.
- Leave this on for at least 30-40 minutes.
- Wash it off with normal or cold water.
- Potato juice has many vitamins that have anti-aging effects.
- It also helps in protecting the skin from blemishes.
- It shields the skin from sunburn.
- Lemon is rich in vitamin C and hence clears the skin.
Remove Hand Tanning
1. Baking Soda
- Make a thick paste of baking soda to remove tan.
- Apply this paste on your hand and scrub your hands with the paste.
- Baking Soda for tan removal on your hands.
- You can repeat this every alternate day.
- Take equal quantities of water and vinegar in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Dip your hands completely and immerse the most-pigmented area of your hands in this solution for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wash your hands with cold water.
- Dry them with a towel.
- You can repeat this daily till you get satisfying results.
3. White Gourd + Multani Mitti (Fuller’s Earth)
- Peel the white gourd and make a paste.
- Add the white gourd paste and Multani mitti together in a bowl and mix well.
- Apply this paste to your hands.
- Keep it on for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with normal or cold water.
Golden Remedy For All Parts Of Body
1. Yogurt + Turmeric
Make a paste of yogurt and turmeric and apply to the affected areas 20 minutes before you plan to take a bath.
Do this daily, and you’ll start noticing the positive difference in a month.
Other than using the above remedies you can also consume Inline Day Gold Cream and Night Gold Cream. They are 100% natural ayurvedic products and have no side effects.
Inlife’s Night Gold Cream helps in regeneration and rejuvenation of cells. This cream, which should be applied before going to bed, has the power to give a natural glow to your skin and helps de-stress dull and tired skin.
Inlife’s Day Gold Cream comes with sun protecting factor (SPF-20) which enhances your complexion and reduces blemishes and pigmentation.
Go ahead and try these home remedies, they are perfectly safe and are easy to find.
Do remember to share your experiences and results with me. I will be waiting eagerly to hear from you. Please post your comments and queries in the comment box below.