All over the world, especially in India women do have a very significant place in the society because of the pains and the responsibilities she has in designing a human being into a healthy citizen of a society.
In present lifestyle, the scope for the growth of women has reached its epitome where they are equally competing with their fellow men in each and every field of life. But in the course of developing into fully fledged women she has to undergo lot many changes and challenges imposed not only by the society and family but also her health, especially when it comes to severe menstrual spasms.
Now I would like to discuss one such healthy challenge which every woman faces, but may be with a different intensity as a part of her life almost each month right from puberty to menopause.
Are you women? Then you might be suffering from the routine monthly stuff which every girl has to come across. It may not be the cause of concern for many but not the same case with everyone. Almost everyone needs help with menstrual cramps.
Okay… but what are menstrual spasms and what are its symptoms???
Cramps During Menstruation
Cramp, to say in simple terms means an involuntary contraction of muscles that may cause severe pain, and almost every woman wants quick and easy cures as medicines for menstrual cramps come with many side effects.
Menstrual cramp is a pain in the lower abdomen during the menstrual cycle. It may be tedious and may disturb the routine activities in some while there may not be any pain in some others. So, it becomes necessary to know about the period pain remedies and even important to find out the home remedies for menstrual cramps.
Types of Cramps
Cramps are classified into two types:
This condition of painful periods usually occurs in young women and is not related to any specific problem of the uterus or other pelvic organs.
The secondary painful periods generally occurs at a later stage and is associated with a number of conditions such as endometriosis, pelvic infections, fibroids, intrauterine devices, ovarian cysts, stress, anxiety and sexually transmitted diseases.
Painful Period Symptoms:
- Headache, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, sleeplessness.
- Cramps in the lower abdomen and pain in thighs and back.
- Anxiety, irritability and stress due to the uncomfortable prevailing state.
Causes can be many where some are related to your genital organs while most of them are due to your weakness owing to the lack of nutrients like calcium, iron and folic acid, vitamin D, etc…. So, you know there are food remedies for menstrual cramps.
Many a times a healthy and nutritious girl can easily fight these primary cramps without any modern medicines or especially pain killers.
So, now let us know some of the important nutrients and herbal remedies for menstrual cramps that play an efficient role in this activity:
List of Useful Vitamins and minerals to avoid pre-menstrual symptoms:
- Vitamin A reduces the symptoms of cramps and provides menstrual cramps relief.
- Vitamin B6 reduces bloating, since it is a natural diuretic. It can also help with oestrogen levels that may be imbalanced during menstrual period.
- Vitamin E can help relieve soreness. It also regulates hormone levels and can reduce irritability and depression.
- Vitamin B5 is a natural nutrient that is commonly used to reduce stress.
- Calcium and magnesium are naturally powerful substances that help reduce cramping and muscle tension. These nutrients also reduce stress.
- Of course, most women around the world may be using Evening Primrose Oil for Pre-menstrual symptoms. Since it’s even proven through randomized studies and not only effective for menstrual cramps but also other symptoms like mood swings, stress, depression, etc.
- Even Vitamin D has a good role to play since it not only maintains healthy muscles, but also helps in the efficient absorption of calcium and magnesium which are essential to avoid cramps.
Choose the foods that contain key vitamins and nutrients that help you not only during menstruation, but also for your healthy living. It is always better to consume nutrients from food or from nutrient supplements than depending on medicines unless it’s very crucial.
Some of the supplements like multivitamin and minerals, evening primrose oil supplements or wheat germ oil supplements are known to have efficiency in treating pre-menstrual symptoms.
Share it with your female friends and help them to fight their monthly challenge and win it.