Indigestion, gastric problems, heartburn chest burn and stomach pain…is all do you very often complain about??
If yes, then did you ever figure out the reason for such problems?
In case, you didn’t then here is a very useful article, which educates you on the one of the main cause of such problems that is widely known as ACIDITY.
What Exactly Is Meant By This Term ACIDITY? How Is It Ccaused?
After having meals, when the food enters your stomach, it releases an acid to digest the food. The gastric glands inside stomach pump this acid to begin the digestion.
This is the usual process. But sometimes, these glands produce excess amounts of acid, which are more than the actual amounts required. Hence, the problem of ACIDITY arises.
Now, let us find out the foods that lead to ACIDITY in the next section.
Foods That Cause Acidity
In today’s lifestyle where we are prone to eat fast and oily food with high amounts of fat and calorie levels, many of us often complain about the problem of Acidity.
Eating Food Fast Increases The Risk Of Acidity
According to a report published in Digestive Disease Week magazine (2003) on 10 volunteers who ate a healthy 690-calorie meal in either five or 30 minutes on alternate days, it was observed that the persons who ate their meals in 5 minutes had 12.5 times acidity as opposed to 8.5 times acidity in the ones who had it in 30 minutes.
In addition to this, the following can increase ACIDITY:
- Soda or carbonated drinks
- Fried Food
- Alcohol and Tobacco
- High-Fat Diary food
- Red meats such as beef, pork, lamb
- High Acidic content foods such as pickles, tamarinds, vinegar.
- Refined flours like maida bread and bakery products.
getting rid of acidity by simply following the below health tips is well recommended.
Natural Cures For Acid Reflux
- Drink a glass of boiled water with a few mint (pudina) leaves in it.
- Exercise regularly to beat those extra calories and try to maintain a fixed body weight.
- Drink a glass of water with roasted cumin seeds with your every meal.
- Have a scoop of Vanilla ice cream.
- Avoid spicy food with acidic content; alcohol and tobacco.
- Have your meals slowly by chewing them properly.
- Chew 1-2 cloves a day.
- Eat one banana or some curd early morning.
- Eat short meals between 2-3 hours. More importantly, complete your dinner at least 3 hours before you go to bed.
- Drink a glass of cold milk, eat fennel seeds daily after meals.
The above are the basic health tips, which can be easily followed at home. In spite of these, the problem persists, then consult your family doctor to help you solve the problem.